Found July 01, 2013 on
TMZ reports that the autopsy on Matt “Doink the Clown” Borne has been completed and officials are expecting results in a matter of days.
A homicide investigation was launched into his death, which happened on Friday in Plano, Texas. However, a source said the death was “accidental”, and wouldn’t reveal if investigators thought drugs were involved. The Plano Police Department will not reveal any details until the investigation is over, which could happen as early as next week.
Borne was 55 when he died.
Here is the full TMZ.com article:
The mystery into the death of Doink the Clown could be SOLVED in the next week … ’cause officials have completed the autopsy on the ex-WWE star and are expecting results in a matter of days.
After Doink passed away Friday in Plano, Texas … officials launched a homicide investigation into his death.
One law enforcement source tells us it appears Doink’s death was “accidental” … but the source wouldn’t say if investigators believe drugs were involved.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
– Mick Foley wrote a lengthy and exceptional post on his Facebook in tribute of Matt “Doink” Borne’s passing. You can check that out here; it discusses his matches with Borne in WCCW and the impact they had on his career, among other things.
– Jim Ross’ latest blog shares his thoughts on Borne’s passing here, including Borne’s ability to make the Donk gimmick work and more.
- Sean Waltman says he isn’t surprised about the death of Matt “Doink” Borne as the two were in a WWE sponsored rehab facility together. Waltman tweeted:
“Just heard bout Matt Borne. Another one gone. Was in WWE sponsored facility with him. Saw him after we were both out. Sad. Not surprised.”
- The episode of Celebrity Wife Swap featuring WWE Hall of Famers Ric Flair and...
Today on BWF Radio, Jorge returns! Joe, G, and JT discuss the current state of “The Simpsons: Tapped Out” on their mobile devices, and try to come up with good ideas for the WWE2K14 cover art contest. We mourn the passing of the late, great Matt Borne, a former BWF Radio guest in his own right. We recap RAW, muse over Main Event, invoke Impact, and speak on SmackDown. Speculation...
Doink The Clown death update:
A local Texas NBC News affiliate has clarified details about the death of 90s WWE star Matt Borne – Doink The Clown. His girlfriend didn’t discover him dead, he was transported to hospital after she found him unresponsive inside their apartment in Plano, and he passed away later.
Reports of a homicide investigation are true, but this was just part...
– Dean Puckering sent this one along: Former WWF Superstar Fred Ottman (Tugboat, Typhoon and The Shcokmaster) just did an interview with a site called TheWrestlingMania.com
One thing he talk about which might be interesting is that he’s starring in a film called Wrestling With Disaster which will showcase the lives of people within the business AFTER they leave. IT was interesting...