Found February 04, 2013 on
A new week has come and gone and it’s time to reshuffle the deck of our Power Rankings for the week of 2/5/13.
1. Indiana (LW #2): Their game against Michigan was highly entertaining on Saturday. It reminded me of watching Big Ten basketball back in the 1980′s, which I still believe is the pinnacle of the sport, but perhaps I am biased. The Hoosiers were hot early, Michigan answered back but there were just too many weapons for Michigan to overcome and the crowd was unreal. These two teams play the last weekend of the regular season. That will be appointment television.
2. Michigan (LW #1): No shame in losing at Indiana. I was impressed with how they got back into the game in the first half after Indiana’s early onslaught.
3. Michigan State (LW #3): They host Minnesota then play at Purdue this week. Two salty and totally different tests. I expect the Spartans to win both games. Don’t look now but they are 18-4.
4. Ohio State (LW #4): Plays at Michigan tomorrow night and then hosts Indiana this weekend. Yeah, we should learn more about the Buckeyes.
5. Minnesota (LW #7): To me, they were always better than Wisconsin and Purdue, but that four-game losing streak stunk. They are back on the right side now.
6. Wisconsin (LW #5): Still ugly as ever, but likely gonna be in the dance…again.
T-7: Iowa, Northwestern and Purdue: Yeah, this is a cop out. But Northwestern beat Purdue by 15 in Evanston. Iowa beat Northwestern by 20 in Evanston. Iowa lost to Purdue in overtime, at Purdue. You tell me?
10. Illinois: Still struggling to find any type of groove.
11. Nebraska: Still ugly as they have been.
12. Penn State: Still…struggling.
The post Big Ten Power Rankings appeared first on Hawkeye Nation.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
It’s been almost two decades since Jalen Rose last suited up for the University of Michigan. So by now, the former Fab Five member and current ESPN personality can have a good time with students at rival Indiana University.
Following the Hoosiers’ 81-73 win over the top-ranked Wolverines on Saturday night, Rose stayed up partying until 5 a.m. with IU students, according to Reddit...
Over the weekend the Indiana Hoosiers beat number 1 Michigan in Bloomington. Legendary Head coach Bob Knight is Indiana Basketball and the Fab Five is Michigan basketball. Well, when you say these two schools as college basketball programs Knight and the Fab Five are the first thoughts that come up.
Knight has made in clear in the past that he thought the Fab Five was bad for college...
It's not often we can post a missed dunk on here and get away with it, but this one by Indiana’s Victor Oladipo would have easily been the dunk of the year. Check out the distance and power he could have had. Insane.
Check out our Home Page for more stories and follow us on Twitter and Facebook
For the fifth straight week there is a new No. 1 in The Associated Press' college basketball poll. This time it's Indiana.
The Hoosiers, the preseason No. 1 who held the top spot for the first five weeks of the regular season, moved up two spots Monday, following their weekend win over No. 1 Michigan and No. 2 Kansas' loss to Oklahoma State.
Duke started the current...
Yeah he didn’t make the dunk but Indiana’s Victor Oladipo may have had the most amazing miss I’ve ever seen. With about 7:50 left in the second half against Michigan, Oladipo was fed a lob that went behind which all but made the highlight as the junior almost put down what would have been the [...]
Yesterday, the #3-ranked Indiana Hoosiers knocked off the #1-ranked Michigan Wolverines in the world of men's college hoops.
One of the reasons why the Hoosiers were able to claim the victory was the play of junior guard Victor Oladipo who scored 15 points in the victory.
In the second half of play, Victor had a shot to make the highlight reels across the nation with a...
Indiana beat No. 1 Michigan in a rare game that actually lived up to its high expectations. The Hoosiers should be the nation's top team again but the Wolverines aren't far behind.