Found April 16, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
- WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart recently spoke with WrestleNewz.com and answered several fan questions. Here are some highlights:
His experience at WrestleMania this year:
"I really enjoyed it. The most fun for me was seeing a lot of the legends and the old names and faces that I’ve known for so many years — Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper and those kinds of guys. I was really quite impressed with seeing the great Bruno Sammartino and hearing his induction speech. To hear his struggle through his childhood with the Nazis — I never knew a lot of that stuff about Bruno. So I was quite touched by him. I got to run into him two or three times over that week, and he was really impressive to me."
The WrestleMania 29 pay-per-view:
"I thought parts of it were really good. But parts of it I thought were, for me, very predictable. I kind of predicted things in my head and certain matches went exactly as I thought they would. But the one match I thought was outstanding was the Punk-Undertaker match. That was truly exceptional. They really had a great match — they couldn’t have done a better job with taking two different guys from two different eras and fusing them together to create the match that they got."
His favorites on the WWE roster:
"Right now I’m very impressed with Punk. And I’m very impressed with the one guy in The Shield — what’s his name O’Connell, O’Donnell? — Ambrose, that’s it. He’s really good. He’s got it down. He’s such a first-rate thinker on his feet when it comes to his timing, his expressions, his quickness, his deviousness. I love his deviousness! I saw him this past weekend and told him I thought he was great."
Thoughts on a meme showing him giving The Rock's Rock Bottom to John Cena on the go-home RAW a 4/10:
"I haven’t seen it, but it might be closer to the truth than people think. I don’t know if my look was on purpose. Sometimes I make funny expressions on my own that make me laugh. When there are people snapping pictures from every angle, it’s hard to know how you’ll look. But personally, I thought when he did the big move on (Cena), he kind of flubbed it up. He didn’t do it very well. It was like a four out of 10! They seemed to trip with their toes. They didn’t really get positioned right at all. They kind of tripped over each other. It’s hard to say who tripped over who, but I thought somebody flubbed it. Maybe Rock flubbed it. Yeah, I would say four out of 10. Four may be generous!"
In part 1 of the interview, Bret also talks about how Dean Ambrose reacted to his comments, what Vince McMahon needs to do to fix the WWE Tag Team division and more. Part 2 will be released later this week.
BEST OF MAXIM
Bret Hart clarified some earlier comments he made during a recent interview with Arda Ocal. Bret noted that when he talked about the Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar match at WrestleMania being a 4 out of 10, he was actually referring to a sign in the crowd on Raw.
“my comments to Arda about Trip H Lezner match being 4 out of 10, was in reference to a sign someone held up on Raw. I in...
- Former WWE Champion Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has issued an update on his claim of an abdominal tear injury mid-way through his match with John Cena at WrestleMania.Johnson wrote on Twitter Wednesday afternoon, “Injury update: Physical therapy starts tomorrow. Hardcore training starts today. Thank U guys for the love. 5 weeks out..#RoadToHercules.”Johnson had previously...
- Here is the latest episode of WWE Inbox:- Just one day after Ryback’s tweet about John Cena’s ex-wife, every single one of his tweets at @Ryback22 have been deleted. Ryback’s account now reads, “@Ryback22 hasn’t tweeted yet.”
Bully Ray took to twitter last night to answer a few questions from followers. Here is a recap:
who was your first ever opponent?
Primo Carnera 3
any pre match rituals??
how many years do ya plan to wrestle?
As long as I can perform and make $$$.
Bully, did you and Devon plan on joining aces and eights all along? Even before you guys split up?
what do you think...
– Bret Hart will be involved with the AJ Styles autobiography. Hart has been a fan of Styles for some time, and he may write the foreword for the book. Other personalities have given quotes for the book, including Sting, Evan Bourne, Christopher Daniels, Les Thatcher, Vince Russo, Terry Taylor, Jeff Jarrett, Kurt Angle, Jerry Jarrett, Air Paris, Jimmy Rave, David Young, Jeff G...
- World Heavyweight Champion Dolph Ziggler was recently interviewed by The Rise Guys. Here are some highlights:
Does he hate John Cena?
“Yep. Question number two.”
If most male wrestling fans over the age of 16 hate Cena:
“It depends. What he represents for our company is awesome. He is our franchise guy. He’s the go to guy. He’s never not delivered with something. He connects...
- Embedded in the video below, Vickie Guerrero and WWE Superstars reveal their most embarrassing moments in the ring.
- Following Ryback’s tweet about John Cena’s ex-wife, every single one of Ryback’s tweets at @Ryback22 have been deleted. Ryback’s account now reads, “@Ryback22 hasn’t tweeted yet.”
New Facebook of Wrestling ANDROID & iPhone App – Read Wrestling...
- We’ve noted that Ryback vs. John Cena for the WWE Title, Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar in a steel cage and Jack Swagger vs. Alberto Del Rio vs. Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Title are set for WWE’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view.
Another likely title match for the pay-per-view will be two members of The Shield vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan for the WWE Tag Team Titles. This is...