Lions wide receiver and Madden ’13 cover boy Calvin Johnson was asked by David Letterman to give the Top 10 list last week. The topic: “Advice for Young Athletes.”
Listening closely, youngsters.
10. It helps to be 6-foot-5 and 240 pounds.
9. Accentuate brown eyes by playing for a team with green uniforms.
8. Trash talking is part of the game, but always follow up with an apology note.
7. After playing on the grass, be sure to check for ticks.
6. Get out now — there’s very little money in sports.
5. Tebow already has God; try thanking Ryan Seacrest.
4. Study hard, practice, and spend hours and hours playing “Madden 13.”
3. Keep your head on a swivel, take it one game at a time, and other crap like that.
2. Don’t waste your money on fast cars and fast living — invest in tattoos!
1. Talk to friends, family and clergy about which Kardashian is right for you.