Found April 03, 2012 on
The Other Paper:
Via The Other Paper:
Alex Rodriguez was spotted at WrestleMania XXVIII with his just as buff girl, ex-WWE Diva Torrie Wilson, and he got a chance to meet with one of his favorite wrestlers - John Cena - before the grappler's match with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
Witnesses said the New York Yankees slugger grinned like a kid meeting a super hero while seated in the front row of Sun Life Stadium in Miami and shaking Cena's hand.
A-Rod probably had his bubble burst when Cena hinted that he may be more of a Derek Jeter fan.
While A-Rod was gushing over the WWE star, Cena pointed down at his shoes.
"Tell your boy Derek I'm wearing his kicks," Cena told Rodriguez as he showed off his Nike Jordan Jeters.
No problem. Rodriguez still had Wilson - who is known as "T-Bod" for her toned physique - to comfort him before Cena mixed it up with local favorite The Rock.
Backstage, after the match, A-Rod and Wilson looked happy, according to Page Six of the New York Post.
"They were joined at the hip," a spy said. "A-Rod was backstage with her, then they stayed for the show. They sat ringside, and he was really into it. They were really affectionate and adorable together."
Rodriguez also got a surprise when he ran into his teammate Robinson Cano - who also took in the festivities - after they both played an exhibition game against the Miami Marlins earlier in the day.
Photo via WrestleNews.com.
Also from The Other Paper
Tiger's former mistresses making adult film
Lin-tensive care? Knicks' star tweets post-surgery photo
Jets headed back for second helping of 'Hard Knocks'?
BEST OF MAXIM
WWE’s website posted an article last night looking at why Brock Lesnar has returned. They wrote the following about Lesnar and John Cena:
“What kind of message is Brock trying to send Cena – and the entire WWE Universe – by punishing the Cenation leader? We can only speculate at this point, but there’s no denying these two have a heated and tumultuous history. In early...
John Cena called The Rock out to the ring at the conclusion of Monday’s Raw SuperShow, but was instead greeted with a brutal F5 courtesy of Brock Lesnar. WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross addressed the recently-retired mixed martial artist’s shocking return to sports entertainment.“Why’s Brock Lesnar back? I’d suggest 2 earn BIG money. He’s done w/ UFC & still young. He’s...
Jim Ross returned to the announcers tale tonight and called Hell in a Cell between Triple H and The Undertaker. Ross wrote the following about John Cena vs. The Rock:
“@TheRock and @JohnCena working their asses off. I’m calling it in my head. Is that sick or what?”
Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/therealjeffpeckDownload my wrestling podcast "The Still Real to...
- Below is video of John Cena, Layla and Sheamus at the Make-A-Wish Pizza Party in Miami yesterday:
- “#ThankYouEdge” was trending worldwide last night on Twitter during the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony and Edge’s induction.
- Joey Styles wrote the following on Twitter last night about Mike Tyson’s induction speech:
“OMF’NG! Best #WWEHOF speech ever by @MikeTyson! Too bad...
John Cena says that he’s turned down movie roles in order to stay full-time with WWE. Cena told the Toronto Sun that he has passed on “a lot of stuff” with the goal of being WWE champion again.
“I don’t want to be an actor, I want to be a WWE champion and I want to be the best that I can be,” he said. “If a part comes up and I have to make a choice between that and...
– Jim Ross posted the following on Twitter today, discussing calling the Hell in a Cell match at WrestleMania… HHH, Taker & HBK all wanted me to call HIAC @ WM28. WWE upper mgmt made it happen. It was confirmed late Friday night.
– John Cena posted the following today on Twitter, ending his recent silence… “This has never meant more than it does right now #riseabovehate...
This one is slightly clearer, but the volume is a bit low.
FOLLOW US on FACEBOOK using key word "WrestleChat" and on TWITTER at Twitter.com/WrestleChatNetAlso, follow me personally on twitter at Twitter.com/Brettley916!
The April 23rd WWE RAW Supershow from Detroit, Michigan will be a three-hour show with an “extreme” theme to it. This is the final RAW before WWE’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view on April 29th. Advertised locally is Chris Jericho and Kane vs. CM Punk and John Cena.
The Joe Louis Arena website confirms the three-hour show and is also advertising several SmackDown stars.
- This week’s WWE RAW Supershow drew a 3.43 rating, up from the 3.04 rating the go-home show for WrestleMania 28. This week’s show averaged 5 million viewers.
- Readers have sent word that advertisements in Chicago are promoting the following matches for WWE’s Extreme Rules pay-per-view event.
* WWE Champion CM Punk vs. John Cena
* Kane vs. Randy Orton
More Big News on WWE’s...
google_ad_client = "pub-4904471974338763";
google_ad_width = 468;
google_ad_height = 60;
google_ad_format = "468x60_as";
google_ad_type = "text";
google_ad_channel = "";
google_color_border = "#000000";
google_color_bg = "#FFFFFF";
google_color_link = "#0000cc";
- Steve Austin wrote the following about the Hell in a Cell match at WrestleMania 28:
“Well that was damn sure worth $65 bucks. Great F’n story. Brutality personified. HBK tremendous addition to drama. Hats off to Taker/HHH.”
- WWE has released new WrestleMania Champion t-shirts for CM Punk and Sheamus. Also released is a new Hall of Fame t-shirt for Edge, commemorative plaques...
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
– During a backstage segment on last Monday’s RAW SuperShow, The Bella Twins argued over whether Team Johnny or Team Laurinaitis is better. Nikki stated her case for Team Teddy while Brie vowed for Team Johnny. Though Nikki and Brie were not given official roles for tonight’s WrestleMania XXVIII, it would appear that twin Divas will accompany...
(source feed provided no summary content for this entry)