go to MSN.com
Found June 24, 2013 on Larry Brown Sports:

Via Larry Brown Sports:

Former Brighton & Hove Albion manager Gus Poyet was fired over the weekend, and like many other coaches who get the axe he was surprised by the move. Unlike others, however, Poyet was informed on live television.

The 45-year-old was working as an analyst for BBC on Sunday when the station was informed of a press release that had been put out by Brighton announcing its decision to fire him. Poyet insisted he had not been contacted by the team in any way.

“I think the BBC got a great story forever, really,” Poyet said. “A manager getting information that he’s been released from his employment during a BBC program is quite surprising. I’ve still had no communication, no text, no email, I didn’t receive anything on my phone.”

“I think everybody and the viewers can (draw) their own conclusion about the way I have been informed about it.”

The statement specified that Poyet has a right to appeal, which he said he is certainly going to do.

“The only thing I’m focusing on is the appeal,” he said when asked how the firing made him feel. “I need to read everything first, but I will appeal because whatever they said in that email I want to make sure everything is clear. So whatever step I need to (take) I will (take) it.”

As Deadspin pointed out, Poyet was suspended following Brighton’s loss to Crystal Palace back in May. The exact reason for the suspension is unclear, although it is believed the manager and team had a dispute about his refusal to deal with the retained list.

And we thought getting fired over video chat was tough? Poyet doesn’t want to hear anyone complaining about their Skype termination.

 

THE BACKYARD
All Sports News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

RUMORS & GOSSIP

Adrian Peterson on exempt list, out indefinitely

The Minnesota Vikings have used the Exempt/Commissioner’s Permission List on running back Adrian Peterson, which requires him to stay away from team activities and the facility until his current bout with the law is completed. The #Vikings statement in its entirety on placing Adrian Peterson on “Exempt/ Commissioner’s Permission list…” pic.twitter.com/byFI31roMs — Sean...
Via Sportsnaut
3 hours ago

Brandon Marshall calls out ESPN for misleading him

Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall was once considered what was wrong about the National Football League. During his days with the Denver Broncos, the Pro Bowl receiver had multiple issues with the team and was viewed as a cancer within the organization.  Marshall had also been accused of domestic violence earlier in his NFL playing career. The now model citizen was diagnosed...
Via Sportsnaut
8 hours ago

Stevens backs Rondo: He's big part of rebuilding effort

If Brad Stevens gets things his way, Rajon Rondo will be around for a while. Despite all the trade rumors, the Boston Celtics head coach sees his star point guard as a centerpiece in the team’s rebuilding efforts. “I love him. I really think he’s a big part of what we’re doing,” Stevens told The Berkshire Eagle. “Hopefully, he can have a great year right from the get...
Via NESN.com
9 hours ago

Hawks giving Dominique Wilkins statue outside of arena

The Atlanta Hawks held a press conference concerning the sale of the team. But it was also revealed that a Hawks legend will be getting his own statue very soon. It’s long overdue, in fact. Via Chris Vivlamore of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution: Dominque Wilkins will get a statue on March 6, 2015. — Chris Vivlamore (@CVivlamoreAJC) September 16, 2014 Dominique Wilkins played...
Via That NBA Lottery Pick
11 hours ago

Vandals burn phallic symbol onto high school field

Police investigators reportedly are seeking warrants in an attempt to collar a group of vandals who utilized a grass-killing agent they purchased on the Internet to burn a penis into the football field at a high school in Bedford, Mich. The suspects in question allegedly are two teenagers who say they got the idea of […] The post Vandals burn 100-yard penis into Michigan high school...
Via Sportress of Blogitude
18 hours ago

Nats clinch NL East

The Washington Nationals are heading back to October. By virtue of a 3-0 win in Atlanta over the Braves on Tuesday night, the Nationals clinched their second NL East championship in three seasons. Even sweeter for the team must be the fact that the clinched the title at Turner Field. A year ago, the Braves won the NL East, shocking a Nationals team that was a chic World Series pick...
Via The Outside Corner
7 hours ago

Farrell: Rusney Castillo 'likely' to debut Wednesday

Rusney Castillo has been fast-tracked through the minor leagues, and the new Boston Red Sox outfielder is set to make his debut with the big club. Red Sox manager John Farrell said Tuesday on MLB Network Radio that the Cuban-born outfielder is “likely” to make his major league debut on Wednesday against the Pittsburgh Pirates. According to Farrell, Castillo will play center...
Via NESN.com
15 hours ago

Nike pulls Peterson merch from shelves in Minnesota

This week just keeps getting worse and worse for Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson. After he began to lose some support from the public yesterday when another picture was released—showing another four-year-old son with a scarred head—his biggest sponsor, Nike, is now taking action. An eye-opening development:...
Via The Sports Daily
13 hours ago

CBS removes Rihanna altogether from 'TNF' intro

Rihanna and CBS are over before they even really began. Hours after the pop star took to Twitter to harshly criticize CBS Sports for wanting to use her new “Thursday Night Football” music video intro this week after pulling it before the Baltimore Ravens-Pittsburgh Steelers game last week in the wake of the Ray Rice news, CBS announced it would permanently be editing her voice...
Via NESN.com
16 hours ago

Kevin Olsen no longer enrolled at Miami following arrest

Backup quarterback Kevin Olsen is no longer enrolled at the University of Miami following his DUI arrest on Monday.
Via Gamedayr
14 hours ago
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.