Release: July 08, 2013
More Sharing Services
Pulling The Trigger
- The Opening featured some of the top prospects from around the nation including San Antonio Roosevelt defensive back Arrion Springs, who had narrowed it down to Oregon and Texas last month. Live on ESPNU, Springs decided to make his decision and committed to Oregon.
- Oklahoma is known for producing great linebackers, and Tay Evans hopes he's the next one. The Allen linebacker committed to Oklahoma on his unofficial visit this week over offers from Arizona State, Kansas State, Stanford and others. Evans' father, Bobby, played basketball for the Sooners in the 90s.
- Summer Creek dual-threat quarterback Aaron Sharp had a lengthy offer list that included Baylor, Houston and Texas. But in the end, he decided his future home would be out of state and committed to Kansas State. It was a wild situation considering Sharp committed to Utah last Friday. Just two day later, he made the switch and now says he's solid to Kansas State.
- Rice may have found its future quarterback in San Antonio Reagan's Ty Summers. A versatile athlete Summers could play a variety of other positions, but his dual threat ability could make him a threat under center. He also held strong interest from Duke, Houston and Kansas.
New Offers Go Out
- Cy Woods running back Samuel Stewart is now up to nine offers, his latest coming from Kansas State. Stewart has camped at Rice and Texas this spring and his other offers include schools such as Iowa State, Mississippi State and Texas Tech.
- East Texas produces some of the most athletic players in the state. And although he was flying under the radar, Longview safety Stephan Maxey expects his recruitment to start picking up after landing his first offer from UTSA.
- Columbus athlete Royce Caldwell also picked up his first offer this week. The 5-foot-7, 165-pounder, who is like lightning in a bottle, received a scholarship from Louisiana Tech. Caldwell also has interest from Louisiana Lafayette and Texas State.
- Garland wide receiver Drashane Glass is another prospect that has been flying under the radar. This week, he nabbed his first offer from Sam Houston State. North Texas, SMU and Tulsa have also shown interest in the Dallas-area prospect.
- Just a reminder that McKinney wide receiver TV Williams will be making his decision on July 9. Williams holds double digit offers but has not publically cut down his list. It is assumed that California, Nebraska and SMU are among his favorites.
- Bishop Dunne offensive lineman Jovan Pruitt is one of the top offensive lineman in the state and this week, he took an unofficial visit to Texas Tech. Pruitt said he enjoyed it and has no other visits scheduled this summer.
- Mesquite Poteet cornerback Verkedric Vaughns is already committed to Arkansas State, but that doesn't mean he's not open to other options. Vaughns will be making an unofficial visit to Baylor next week.
- Silsbee quarterback Patrick Reed also holds offers from New Mexico and Lamar, but his favorite is currently Texas State. Reed says Texas State is his leader and wants to make a decision by the end of the month so don't be surprised if it's the Bobcats.
All Sports News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?
Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.