Found March 10, 2013 on
Start 'N' Park Blog:
• Richard Childress Racing teammates finished sixth (Austin Dillon), ninth (Brian Scott) and 11th (Ty Dillon).
• Scott is tied for second in the Nationwide Series driver championship point standings, trailing point leader Sam Hornish, Jr. by 19 points, while Dillon ranks sixth, 27 points back.
• The No. 2 Chevrolet team ranks fourth in the Nationwide Series owner championship point standings, with the No. 3 team seventh in the standings and the No. 33 team 11th.
• According to NASCAR’s Loop Data Statistics, A Dillon ranked third in Average Running Position with an average running place of 4.222 during the 300-mile race, while Scott maintained an average running position of 7.345, ranking him seventh, and T. Dillon maintained an average running position of 10.100, ranking him ninth in the 40-car field.
• Each of the RCR drivers spent 100 percent of the laps running in the top 15.
• Scott earned his third consecutive top-10 finish of the 2013 Nationwide Series season.
• Hornish earned...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
It’s no secret that the San Diego Chargers are heading into a new era under the helm of first-year general manager Tom Telesco and head coach Mike McCoy.The free agency period in the NFL will begin at 12:01 AM on March 12th, and the question in San Diego is will the Chargers make a big splash in the marketplace?The new GM’s blueprint for success is building through the Draft...
According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, free agent offensive tackle Eric Winston visited the San Diego Chargers this past weekend.
Former Chiefs OT Eric Winston visited the Chargers this weekend.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 12, 2013
Winston is one of the best offensive lineman on the market and will be able to decide wherever he wants to play going forward.
A person with knowledge of the deal says the San Diego Chargers have agreed in principle to a four-year contract with kicker Nick Novak.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity because details are still being finalized. Novak, who had been scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent, can't sign the contract until free agency begins on Tuesday afternoon.
Teams are able...
Joel Corry of the National Football Post reports that the San Diego Chargers have re-signed K Nick Novak to a new four-year deal.
Novak, 32, received $6.6 million over four years, along with a $1.5 million signing bonus.
He converted 18-of-20 field goal and made all 33 extra point attempts last season. Novak’s consistent production allowed the Chargers to part ways with Nate...
Richard Childress Racing teammates finished sixth (Austin Dillon), ninth (Brian Scott) and 11th (Ty Dillon).
Scott is tied for second in the Nationwide Series driver championship point standings, trailing point leader Sam Hornish, Jr. by 19 points, while Dillon ranks sixth, 27 points back.
The No. 2 Chevrolet team ranks fourth in the Nationwide Series owner championship...
Bristol Motor Speedway today announced that NASCAR’s K&N Pro Series East event at Bristol Motor Speedway, set for Saturday, March 16, will be known as the DRIVE4COPD 125.
The DRIVE4COPD 125 is part of a Saturday doubleheader at BMS that includes Jeff Foxworthy’s Grit Chips 300 Nationwide Series race. Practice and qualifying for the DRIVE4COPD 125 is Thursday, March 14 with...
Richard Childress Racing teammates finished ninth (Kevin Harvick), 10th (Paul Menard) and 26th (Jeff Burton).
RCR drivers made a total of 181 Green Flag Passes during Sunday's event. Harvick led the team with 63, Menard made 60 and Burton completed 58.
Harvick and Menard posted 12 of the Fastest Laps Run in the 267-lap race, with eight and four laps respectively...
Austin Dillon led the way with a lap of 30.059 seconds in the final practice for the Sam’s Town 300 from Las Vegas. Rounding out the top five was Brian Vickers, Sam Hornish, Jr., Trevor Bayne, and Brian Scott.
Dollar General Toyota