Found October 28, 2012 on
The latest BCS scenarios have Florida State at 9. Now in all likelihood Florida State will end up in the Orange Bowl, but I’m calling this fantasy scenario but with a twist of realism, where FSU gets in the national title game.
Chances are really slim I know that, but lets see what has to happen. Even this might might not be enough, because the numbers may not quite work out, but it would put the Noles close I guarantee it.
This is like the mathematical chance of a 7-9 team getting a wild card sport in the NFL, but lets have some fun with things.
1. FSU must win out including the ACCCG. That would get them to 12-1. While wins at Virginia Tech and Maryland and a very average Coastal division champions won’t really help, there is a very strong game left for the Noles. That’s the Florida Gators who should be ranked in the top 10 and 11-1 when that game rolls around providing an opportunity to help the computer numbers and impress voters.
2. Now in front of Florida State 5 of these 6 teams need to lose a game, that would be Alabama, Kansas State, Notre Dame, Oregon, LSU, and Georgia.
3. Alabama plays LSU – Actually it’s better if LSU loses this game. The Tigers would certainly fall behind FSU at the very least in the human polls, Alabama might not with a loss.
4. Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC Title game. Georgia ends with computer killing games against Ole Miss, Auburn, Ga Southern, and Georgia Tech.
Now keep up FSU has defeated Florida, and Alabama has defeated LSU and Georgia. The Noles go from 8th to 5th already in a scenario most anyone can see happening.
5. Oregon still has to play 3 ranked teams – USC, Stanford, and Oregon State. Their computer numbers aren’t strong. Losing late is a killer. The Ducks lose any of those FSU moves to 4th.
6. Kansas State has a an easier road but still a tricky one – There are games with Oklahoma St., at TCU, at Baylor, and Texas. Ok Texas stinks but eventually they’ll play to that 100 Million dollar budget, right? Lose one FSU is third.
7. Notre Dame gets computer killing games with Pitt, Wake Forest, and BC. They’ll win those and then have a tough game at USC. Lose the USC game and FSU is 2nd.
8. It also helps if Clemson beats South Carolina ensuring the computer numbers don’t keep the Gamecocks ahead of FSU. The Gamecocks are currently 8th, but the human polls have FSU ahead of South Carolina. If Florida State beats a team (Florida) that crushed South Carolina, that’s probably not a concern, and now Florida State has 2 top 10 BCS wins.
I think the Florida State needs to become a huge USC fan. Also they need to root hard for Clemson. If the Tigers finish 11-1 they are going to be a top 10 BCS team, which would would provide a additional boost to Florida State. It’s pretty far fetched, honestly really far fetched but is it outside the realm of any possibility?
Become a fan of the ACC on Facebook and follow the ACC on Twitter
This article was originally published at http://www.AllSportsDiscussion.com. If you are interested in sharing your website's content with SCACCHoops.com, Contact Us.
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
After the #2 ranked Florida Gators lost over the weekend to Georgia, you can understand if head coach Will Muschamp wanted to kill a couple of his players metaphorically speaking.During the game, CBS cameras caught a confrontation between Muschamp and Florida tight-end Trey Burton.Clearly, Trey should have fled the scene once he saw Muschamp's glare:
The Florida Gators fan who was knocked out in a fan fight before Saturday’s Georgia-UF game has life-threatening injuries, according to the Florida student newspaper. Yes, there’s a YouTube video of the fight and shows the seemingly unconscious UF fan being dragged from a pond.
Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office spokeswoman Melissa Bujeda told Jacksonville reporters an ambulance...
Florida lost to Georgia 17-9 in Jacksonville on Saturday for their first defeat of the season, and perhaps nobody was more heartbroken about the loss than Jordan Reed. The junior tight end led the Gators with five catches for 74 yards, but he had one costly mistake at the end of the game.
Reed caught a pass from Jeff Driskel on second-and-six with 2:22 left in the game. He broke...
No. 8 Florida will be without receiver Solomon Patton for the rest of the season.
Patton, a junior from Mobile, Ala., broke his left arm in Saturday's 17-9 loss to rival Georgia. Coach Will Muschamp said Monday that Patton won't play again this year.
Patton has just one reception for 17 yards this season. But he has 14 carries for 140 yards and has played an integral role...
The best thing Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel did through the first seven games this season was hold onto the football, even if it was too long at times.
Driskel had just two turnovers before Saturday's debacle against Georgia.
He had four against the Bulldogs, mistakes that were critical in the 17-9 loss that likely cost the eighth-ranked Gators the Southeastern Conference...
The Florida Gators may have lost on Saturday, but this girl was quick to remind me they're a big reason the SEC remains on top. The MAC and Sun Belt are making moves in the positive direction, while the same can't be said for the Big East. There's still plenty of football left for that to change, but the top three are cemented in stone at this point.
Florida quarterback Jeff Driskel is doubtful for Saturday's game against Jacksonville State.
Coach Will Muschamp says fellow sophomore Jacoby Brissett likely will start against the lower-division Gamecocks.
Driskel sprained his right ankle in the third quarter of Saturday's 27-20 win over Louisiana-Lafayette and probably won't practice this week. He is wearing a protective...
Georgia beat the No. 2 ranked Florida Gators Saturday afternoon and some of UGA's top targets had their eyes on the game. Find out their thoughts here.
Georgia’s 17-9 win over Florida wasn’t pretty, and it might not have happened if not for a wild play in the final few minutes to seal the win. But the Bulldogs did in fact seal the victory Saturday, their second straight over Florida.
In the process, they may have blown open the SEC Championship and BCS title races as well.
College football fans, welcome to pandemonium...
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- EJ Manuel tossed two touchdown passes and Devonta Freeman ran for two more scores to lead No. 11 Florida State to a 48-7 victory over Duke on Saturday.
Florida State's win coupled with North Carolina State's loss to North Carolina puts the Seminoles (8-1, 5-1) back in control of the Atlantic Coast Conference's Atlantic Division while Duke (6...
Florida fell to the Bulldogs in a sloppy showdown Saturday night, but this year's Gators are different from last year's. Senior defensive tackle Omar Hunter says the loss is on the entire team, and the entire team will rebound quickly. Get the latest from Hunter after the loss right here.
Florida lost a heart-breaker to rival Georgia in Jacksonville Saturday, but the Gators are determined to bounce back as a team. Safety Josh Evans and offensive lineman Jon Halapio talk about the loss and moving forward right here.
Thanks, in part, to a dominating 48-7 victory over Duke on Saturday, Florida State moved their way in to the top-10 of the latest BCS Standings released Sunday night.