Only two weeks to go in the first ever Dickies Awards. Can anyone catch Dick Stockton or is he destined to claim this historic prize? There are a lot of great quotes to choose from this week. Here are your Week 16 nominees...
1) "This Jets crowd is really in favor of the Jets today" - Tony Siragusa (via sctvman)
2) "They need a 2 point conversion" - Thom Brennaman with the Cardinals trailing by seven. (via kamuifan)
3) "On the 11th day of Christmas, Dalton throws a touchdown to Jerome Gresham." - Shannon Sharpe (via bjo109)
4) "Shaun Sneezam with his second field goal of the day..." - Dick Stockton (via acsteelersfan)
5) "When his elbow hits, he's down, right?" - Tony Siragusa
6) "A penalty flag is thrown. No flag is down on the field." - Joe Buck (via bloggerjustinf)
7) "He's very accomplished at handing it off." - Dan Dierdorf on Matt Stafford (via dascenzo)
8) "The tie is broken!" - Ron Pitts on an Akers FG. Seattle was winning 17-16 at the time. (via SSReporters)
9) "Look at Tony Tebow right here." - Joe Theismann (via sctvman)
10) "He got injured pulling out" - Phil Simms (via ving323)
11) "Tony Romo needs to be able to grip the ball with 5 hands" - Michael Irvin (via 4CourtJesters)
12) "C'mon eh!" - Chris Berman (via sctvman)
13) "Dan Marino was pretty good too, you know" - Jon Gruden (via tcbuono). Thanks, John.
14) "Good start for Ponder and the Vikings offense." - Chris Myers. The start - 2 possesions, 1 first down, 20 yards. (via ccfMRF)
15) "I can't blame Fitzpatrick there." - Phil Simms after Fitzy bounces one a few yards ahead of the WR (via akotok)
Vote For Your Week 16 Dickies Nominees! (vote for up to five)
Vote For Your Week 16 Dickies Nominees!
The winners will come Thursday so make sure you vote early and often and check back for the full NFL Week 17 announcing sked later this week.
Like Awful Announcing on Facebook
Follow Awful Announcing on Twitter