Dick Stockton takes another weekly crown this week, but I have a feeling he owes this week's award to his brethren at Fox - Joe Buck and Tim McCarver. If we've learned anything this year, complimenting other awful announcers during your telecast is sure to get you Pammies or Dickies points. The envelope, please...
10) "You know, coach Cowher he hands out compliments like manhole covers." - Phil Simms (via kylejgood)
9) "It's amazing how you figure those yardages out so fast John...I'm really...(awkward pause) amazed." - Dick Stockton (via abashuk)
8) "These Skittles, I gotta find out what's in these things." - Jon Gruden (via AA)
7) "Doug "Prematurely" Baldwin" - Chris Berman (via JagsFan93)
6) "You hate when your balls get tipped around" - Marcellus Wiley (via jbteller)
5) "Mike McCarthy...I said he's a genius. And you know why? Because he doesn't try to be a genius." - Phil Simms (via DevsFan30)
4) "This is a very important game." - Chris Berman. He was talking about the Jaguars-Buccaneers game. (via JoshuaBatelli)
3) "That's a tight hole and a big man right there" - Brian Billick (via jessegennigen/prwillard2)
2) "Tom is pretty good at challenges. He's lost his last six though" - Al Michaels (via ThreeRiversBlog)
1) "Joe Buck and Tim McCarver are the gold standard of baseball broadcasts." -Dick Stockton (via JoshButters)
Week 14 Top 5 -
1) Dick Stockton 87 pts
2) Brian Billick 55 pts
3) Phil Simms 53.5 pts
4) Jon Gruden 47 pts
5) Chris Berman 34 pts
Others receiving votes -Mike Tirico 28 pts, Dave Lapham 14 pts, Jim Mora 14 pts, Al Michaels 13.5, Dan Dierdorf 13 pts, Rich Gannon 12 pts, Joe Buck 11 pts, Cris Collinsworth 11 pts, Terry Bradshaw 10 pts, Scott Hanson 10 pts, Jim Nantz 10, Dan Fouts 8.5 pts, Bob Griese 8.5 pts, Troy Aikman 8 pts, Dan Patrick 7 pts, Mike Mayock 6 pts, Daryl Johnston 5 pts, Marcellus Wiley 5 pts, Tim Ryan 5 pts, Bob Costas 4 pts, Warren Moon 3 pts, Marv Albert 3 pts, Keyshawn Johnson 3 pts, Chad Pennington 2 pts, Thom Brennaman 2 pts, Tony Siragusa 1 pt, Ron Jaworski 1 pt.
You can check out the Week 15 NFL announcing schedule here.
Like Awful Announcing on Facebook
Follow Awful Announcing on Twitter
All Sports News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff