Found April 05, 2013 on
Ring Side News:
- Dolph Ziggler spoke with Comcast's XFINITY blog and says he hopes the fans at WrestleMania 29 boo both John Cena and The Rock out of the building. He added:
"I don’t want the cheers and the boos. I hope it’s 90% boos letting them know that this “Once in a Lifetime” match is happening again and that I or someone else should be the main event. But, that’s the great thing about the WWE Universe. They get to voice their opinions, they get to show their signs. And whether they like something or hate it, you’re going to hear about it. I’m excited to hear it."
Ziggler was asked if he's had any interactions with The Rock since he's been back:
"We’ve had a couple of quick talks here and there. He’s usually pretty busy just like all of us when he gets here. He’s been pretty cool about everything. And it was pretty neat, he told me he liked my work which is a pretty cool deal because you know he’s watching the shows when he’s traveling. Like I said, having him back
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Thanks to Ranjit Chahal for his help with some of the following newsbits:
– While the majority of the performers walk around on egg shells, Dolph Ziggler is now becoming the person in WWE that is not afraid to speak his mind. During an interview to promote Wrestlemania 29, the former world champion once again revealed that he is not happy with The Rock being back with the company...
Dolph Ziggler participated in a series of WrestleMania AXXESS interviews earlier this week with Peter Rosenberg and Brian Fitz. Ziggler spoke on the results at this point in his career, when he believes his maturity peaked in the business, and more. He also teased cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase at WrestleMania, but he also teased cashing-in the night afterward on Raw...
– According to a WWE source, The Rock vs. John Cena match at WrestleMania 29, including video packages, entrances and the match is scheduled for approximately 50-minutes.
– The WWE creative team originally pitched an 8-man double ladder match for WrestleMania, which would have seen both the U.S. and Intercontinental Titles on the line. Vince McMahon nixed the idea, with the latest...
- The Associated Press has a new article up on WWE Champion The Rock to promote WrestleMania 29. The article features quotes from Rock, John Cena and Booker T.
Rock said his WrestleMania 29 match with Cena is the biggest of his career. He added that the rematch with Cena made sense because it was still the biggest money match WWE could offer. The article notes that Rock called the...
Mick Foley's induction WILL be broadcast, John Cena asked about heel turn, and Dolph Ziggler wants the Rock and John Cena booed.
- Here is video of John Cena ringing the closing bell at The New York Stock Exchange earlier today:
- WWE also posted video of Bruno Sammartino receiving the key to Jersey City today:
- Here is video of Ryback working out for WrestleMania 29:
New Post-WM Plans for The Shield Revealed, What Match Will Open WM?, More
- Hot 97′s Peter Rosenberg spoke with John Cena, CM Punk and Mark Henry at the WrestleMania 29 press conference on Thursday. Cena does the “heel turn” that was previewed on Thursday, CM Punk gives a big “f*** you” to “smart marks” and Henry talks about his match with Ryback:
- Tonight’s WWE SmackDown will feature Ryback vs. Primo and Epico in a handicap match, Jack...
- The 2013 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place tonight from a sold out Madison Square Garden in New York City. The ceremony begins at 8pm and we will have full coverage here on the site as it happens.
Here is the full list of inductees for tonight:
* Bruno Sammartino, inducted by Arnold Schwarzenneger
* Mick Foley, inducted by Terry Funk
* Trish Stratus, inducted...
- Brian Fritz spoke with several WWE stars at WrestleMania 29 Media Day this week:
Backstage News on a Top Star Being Upset About Wrestlemania 29...
- In his final interview before going into the WWE Hall of Fame, Bruno Sammartino spoke with Inside The Ropes. Here are highlights:
Thoughts on Billy Graham’s recent comments about him:
“I think I feel sorry for him. I think he’s done so much drugs throughout his career that his brains been burned out because he speaks of things he knows nothing about. For example in my own...
According to PWInsider, the word making arounds at the WWE hotel is WWE may be adding a second match to their WrestleMania 29 pre-show.
The match would be something involving all of the talents that are not currently being used at the show, so that everyone has a chance to work in front of the massive crowd.
This may be the "big reveal" Vince McMahon is teasing for Friday...