Really, really go out of your way to avoid the guy from USC. Crying in public is so unseemly.
Somebody this concept should morph into a pay-per-view site on the Internets.
The bowl season is upon us. Rather than a sensible playoff system, we have the BCS nonsense plus a bunch of mostly extraneous bowl games.
To get you ready for the fun, here is out Quickie Bowl Quiz:
1) Louisville will play North Carolina State in the Belk Bowl in Charlotte. What is a Belk?
A) A cross between a badger and an elk.
B) Department store chain.
C) Southern fruit tree.
D) Popular Carolinas soft drink.
2) Which schools are playing in bowl games with .500 records or worse:
A) Arizona State
D) Iowa State
E) Mississippi State
F) Wake Forest
G) Texas A&M
M) Ohio State
O) All of the above
3) Who will coach Illinois in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl?
A) Vic Koenning.
B) Ron Zook.
C) Ron Turner.
D) Amos Alonzo Stagg.
4) The University of Missouri is stuck playing in the AdvoCare 100 Independence Bowl for the third time in the last nine years. Name the other school to play in this game more than once during that span:
A) Alabama State
D) South Alabama
5) The keynote speaker at the Gildan New Mexico Bowl Kickoff Luncheon will be:
A) Peyton Manning.
B) Eli Manning.
C) Archie Manning.
D) Archie Bell (but no Drells)
6) The New Era Pinstripe Bowl pitting Iowa State and Rutgers will be played at:
A) Brooks Brothers store in Chicago.
B) Wall Street.
C) Marion Federal Penitentiary.
D) Yankee Stadium.
7) Florida International will play Marshall in the Beef ‘O’ Brady Bowl in St. Petersburg. What is the biggest crowd FIU has ever drawn in its home stadium?
8) Who will get stuck doing ESPN’s sideline reporting gig for the Chick-fil-A Bowl?
A) Erin Andrews
B) Chaz Bono
C) Holly Rowe
D) Phyllis George
9) Which game will be played on New Year’s Day?
A) Cotton Bowl
B) Rose Bowl
C) Orange Bowl
D) Sugar Bowl
E) None of the above.
10) Which of these is NOT a real bowl game?
A) Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.
B) GoDaddy.com Bowl.
C) TicketCity Bowl.
D) Papa John’s Bowl.
E) Little Caesars Bowl.
Answers: 1-B; 2-O: 3-A; 4-B; 5-C; 6-D; 7-C; 8-C; 9-E; 10-D