What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas ... unless you're Chad Gaudin. Ouch.
First pitch: Blue Jays-Indians and Twins-Rays both get underway shortly after noon ET, while NL action begins with Nats-Phillies at 7:05.
Interleague DH issues: None.
Streaming starters: Ks and WHIP made Rick Porcello good enough last night, so we're up to 55-34 for the season. Today's selection is struggling Dodger Chris Capuano (owned in 1.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Rockies, while Friday's pick is the still-underappreciated Corey Kluber (5.5 percent owned) against the Royals.
On to the news:
- Rangers' ace Yu Darvish is on the DL with a strained trapezius muscle. Darvish is expected to return on July 22, meaning that he'll miss only one start. If you own him, this isn't such a big deal. If you wanted to see him in the All-Star Game, you're out of luck.
- It sounds like Derek Jeter will make his 2013 debut today. NJ.com Yankee beat writer Andy McCullough tweeted this last night: "One scout who saw a rusty Derek Jeter tonight, when informed about plan to have him in the majors by Friday: 'Good luck.'" Ugh. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- Matt Cain got yanked in the first inning of last night's start. The Giants said it wasn't injury-related, and I have no idea what's wrong with Cain. I'd still hold if I owned him (and I do).
- Josh Hamilton hit two homers last night, giving him four in his last six games, and a .346 BA in his last 14 games. He wasn't going to stay terrible forever, right?
- Last night was Ivan Nova's fourth good start in a row. Strikeouts, ground balls, good control ... I'm intrigued. Nova is owned in 10.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- Rockies Troy Tulowitzki (rib) and Dexter Fowler (hand) will join the team today in Los Angeles, and both could be activated for tonight's game if cleared by doctors.
- Steve Delabar got a save last night after bailing out a struggling Casey Janssen, but I wouldn't get any ideas yet about a closer change in Toronto.
- I'll be in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 3 p.m. ET (not the usual 2 p.m.). Stop by if you can.
- Look for White Sox SP Jake Peavy (ribs) to make a rehab start on Sunday. If all goes well, he could be activated next weekend.
- Speaking of rehabs, Chris Carpenter will start one next week for the Cardinals.
- And speaking again of rehabs, Padres 2B Jedd Gyorko started another one last night. Hopefully, he'll be back next week.
- And speaking yet again of rehabs, Indians SP Zach McAllister (finger) will make a Double-A start on Saturday.
- As suspected, Mets SP Matt Harvey (blister) has been scratched from his Saturday start. Harvey is fine, and still might start the All-Star Game.
- The Astros will call up pitching prospect Jarred Cosart (3.19 ERA, 1.33 WHIP, 93K/50BB in 93 IP at Triple A) to pitch Friday against the Rays. He's an NL-only consideration, at best.
- Evan Gattis is apparently terrorizing terrorizing Braves' batting practice pitchers, and could be ready to come off the DL next weekend.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.