Want to see a bunch of baseball players get really scared of some thunder? Watch this.
First pitch: Both leagues get underway at 7:05 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The A's lose their DH in Milwaukee, and even though they have plenty of OF/DH combos to use, Seth Smith is the likeliest to sit.
Streaming starters: Shaun Marcum wasn't good enough on Friday, Jose Fernandez dominated the Mets on Saturday, and Zach McAllister got knocked around on Sunday. We're now 39-20 for the season.
Today's pick is Seattle's Joe Saunders (owned in 1.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the White Sox, while Tuesday's selection is Philly's Jonathan Pettibone (3.9 percent owned) versus the Marlins. Saunders isn't a favorite around here, but his home ERA is 2.41 (9.00 on the road), and the White Sox have scored the fewest runs in the American League.
On to the news:
- The Dodgers have called up prized prospect Yasiel Puig to bolster their Matt Kemp-less outfield. Puig was batting .313 with eight homers, 13 steals and a .982 OPS at Double A, and numbers like that make you want to run over hot coals to get a guy off the free-agent wire. However, Ken Rosenthal talked to MLB executives who think Puig's game might have some holes, and we don't yet know if Puig will stick around after Kemp returns from the DL. Can you grab Puig in a standard mixed league if you don't have to throw a productive player overboard? Sure, but keep your expectations in check.
- In other Dodger news, catcher A.J. Ellis (oblique) is on the DL, Hyun-Jin Ryu was scratched Sunday due to a bruised foot (he should be fine for his next start), and SS Hanley Ramirez could be activated from the DL any day. I'd feel comfortable starting Ramirez in a weekly lineup league, as he'll probably be back by Tuesday.
- In Nats' injury news, Stephen Strasburg's status for his next start is uncertain due to a lat strain, but the bet here is that he'll go on the DL. Bryce Harper (knee) is already on the DL, and the Nats' website reports that he'll be shut down for the next 10 days.
- Andy Pettitte comes off the DL to start tonight for the Yankees. Josh Johnson does the same on Tuesday for the Blue Jays, and ditto for Alexi Ogandoon Wednesday for the Rangers.
- White Sox 2B Gordon Beckhamcomes off the DL tonight. Remember when that news would have been exciting?
- You keep hitting, Jurickson Profar. I want to see a controversy when Ian Kinsler returns.
- A hamstring issue is expected to keep Rangers 3B Adrian Beltre out until Thursday.
- Luke Gregerson got his first save of the season on Saturday, and will close for the Padres while Huston Street (calf) is on the DL. Gregerson is available in 97.3 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- Rex Brotherswill close for the Rockies while Rafael Betancourt (groin) is on the DL. Brothers is available in 97.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- The Red Sox aren't sure when Shane Victorino (hamstring) will return to their lineup, but they should have Jacoby Ellsbury (groin) on Tuesday.
See you back here tomorrow morning.