Attention, all those who bet on Dioner Navarro's three-homer game yesterday: Your three-kajillion-to-one ticket can be cashed at the betting window now.
First pitch: The Diamondbacks and Rangers get underway at 2:05 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: Once again, the White Sox, Red Sox, Tigers, Rays, Blue Jays, Royals, Mariners and A's all lose their DHs today. Look for David Ortiz to be back in the Red Sox lineup at first base while Mike Napoli sits, and for Billy Butler to play in place of Eric Hosmer again for the Royals.
Streaming starters: Wednesday's Diamondbacks-Rangers rainout canceled Justin Grimm's start, so we're still at 37-18. Today's pick is Andrew Cashner (owned in 18.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Mariners, while Friday's selection is the Mets' improving Shaun Marcum (23.7 percent owned) versus the Marlins.
On to the news:
- Rangers 2B Ian Kinsler, who was supposed to come off the DL on Sunday, will be sidelined for at least two more weeks. Jurickson Profar gets to hang around for awhile longer. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- The Dodgers should know more today about Matt Kemp's hamstring injury. A DL stint seems possible - keep your fingers crossed.
- Clay Buchholz's next start has been delayed until Sunday at the earliest. I still kind of believe the Red Sox when they say they're just being cautious here.
- Casey Janssen got a save Wednesday for the Blue Jays. Hopefully, we won't hear about his shoulder issues anymore.
- Remember when Kyuji Fujikawa looked like such a good bet as the Cubs' closer? He's going to have Tommy John surgery. The sea has once again parted for Kevin Gregg.
- Last night was the third uneventful outing in a row for Rays' closer Fernando Rodney. All three were against the Marlins, though. Don't expect Rodney to be available tonight.
- Nationals manager Davey Johnson, on Bryce Harper's status for this weekend's series against the Braves: "I don't have a lot of high hopes, but I'm hopeful." Um, OK.
- Tigers OF Torii Hunter is iffy for tonight's game after getting hit in the elbow by a pitch on Wednesday.
- See you on Friday, Mark Teixeira and Kevin Youkilis.
- Braves SP Kris Medlen left Wednesday's start after getting hit in the calf by a line drive. We should know more about his status today or tomorrow.
- Here's a story on the Astros trying to establish a regular lineup. It might not be a good lineup, but it hopes to be regular. Brandon Barnes appears to be in line for increased playing time.
- Tommy Hanson will return to the Angels' rotation on Friday.
- Psst ... Twins OF Aaron Hicks has six home runs with a .733 OPS in May. He's not great, but he's getting better.
- Mets SS Ruben Tejada injured a quad muscle on Wednesday, so now he might go to the DL instead of the minors.
- After last night's two-hit game, Mets 1B Ike Davis is batting .160 with four home runs and a .487 OPS. Through the end of May last year, Davis hit .169 with five homers and a .541 OPS, and finished the season with 32 homers. Sure, his strikeout rate is a little higher this season. Are you sure you don't want to give him one more chance, as long as the Mets do?
- A's OF Josh Reddick is expected to come off the DL on Friday.
- Is tonight the night that Pirates SP Jeff Locke (5-1, 2.45 ERA, 1.14 WHIP) starts coming back to Earth? Against the Tigers, I'm gonna say yes.
- Giants OF Angel Pagan will receive a cortisone shot to help his injured hamstring. Look for him to miss a couple more games.
- It sounds like Mariners OF Michael Morse won't be back in the lineup until sometime this weekend.
- As expected, Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie (ankle) has been placed on the DL. Teammate Brandon Morrow (forearm) expects to make his next start, but don't write that in ink just yet.
- Make sure to visit me in the FOXSports.com fantasy chat room today at 2 p.m. ET.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.