Did anyone stay awake for the 19-inning game between the A's and Angels? If I had woken up a half-hour earlier, I could have caught the end of it. Oh, well.
First pitch: Both leagues have 7:05 p.m. ET starts.
Interleague DH issues: No word from the Phillies on who they'll use to DH against the Indians.
Streaming starters: Oakland's Dan Straily got knocked around by the Angels, dropping our record to 15-11. Today's pick is Edwin Jackson (owned in 5.9 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) versus the Padres, while Wednesday's selection is San Diego's fireballing Andrew Cashner (3.4 percent owned) against the Cubs. Some of Jackson's control issues have resurfaced so far this season, but he's whiffing a batter per inning.
On to the news:
- Marlins slugger Giancarlo Stanton injured his right hamstring in Monday's game and was immediately placed on the DL. We should know more about Stanton's prognosis later today. Prospect Marcell Ozuna has been called up to take Stanton's lineup spot, but even after hitting five homers in all of nine games at Double A, he's probably not ready to help you. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- Need a Stanton replacement? Starling Marte is inexplicably still avaialble in 48.4 percent of FOXSports.com leagues. Dig a little deeper, and you'll find Daniel Nava (29.6 percent owned), Nate McLouth (28.9 percent owned), Lucas Duda (8.9 percent owned), Justin Ruggiano (4 percent owned) and speedy Juan Pierre (2.6 percent owned).
- Stephen Strasburg felt some forearm tightness last night, and the Nationals aren't sure if he'll make his next start, though Strasburg insists that he will. Don't panic yet if you own Strasburg, but say a prayer and light some candles today.
- Why would the Dodgers activate Hanley Ramirez if they weren't ready to start him right away? Heck if I know, but Ramirez might be in the lineup tonight, and he'll be playing with a splint on his injured thumb (which isn't yet 100 percent) for a little while. Keep Ramirez on your fantasy bench for a few more days doesn't sound like a bad idea.
- Remember last week, when we all talked about how getting an appendix out was no big deal? Not so for Braves OF Jason Heyward, who might not be back in the lineup for a few more weeks. This recalls memories of the fall of 1986, when a young John Halpin was sidelined from his senior year of high school for a month after his appendix almost burst.
- The A's may have won last night's game, but the cost is TBD. Outfielders Coco Crisp and Chris Young both left the game with hamstring injuries, and details weren't available when this blog entry was posted.
- The Angels lost an outfielder of their own with a hamstring injury. Peter Bourjos' status is TBD.
- Trevor Bauer will make his next start for the Indians on Wednesday. Bauer has been pitching well at Triple A - let's see if he can throw some strikes tomorrow.
- Jayson Werth's owners should watch the Nats' lineup in daily leagues, as he's been dealing with a hamstring issue and followed that up by fouling a ball off his ankle last night.
- Joaquin Benoit got Monday's save for the Tigers because Jim Leyland didn't want Jose Valverde pitching for a third straight day. Nothing to see here - all is well.
- Look for Rays DH Luke Scott to come off the DL today.
- Giants 3B Pablo Sandoval hopes to play tonight after leaving Monday's game with "elbow discomfort," according to the team's website.
- Kevin Youkilis' back is still bothering him, and it sounds like the Yankees will put him on the DL.
- Mets 3B David Wright missed Monday's game with a stiff neck, but hopes to play today.
- Matt Cain ... still struggling. Me ... still hoping to buy low.
- Ted Lilly (neck) is probably headed back to the DL? Good grief.
- Rockies SS Troy Tulowitzki (rotator cuff) didn't play Monday, and is iffy for tonight.
- While Kyuji Fujikawa eyes a weekend rehab assignment, Cubs manager Dale Sveum says he's sticking with his closer committee. I bet Fujikawa gets the gig soon after he returns. Kevin Gregg got Monday's save, and is available in 96.1 percent of FOXSports.com leagues.
- The Red Sox seem to think that OF Shane Victorino will avoid the DL, but his status for tonight is in question.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.