Six-for-seven, Jean Segura? Now you're just showing off.
First pitch: The White Sox and Cubs have a 2:20 p.m. ET start at Wrigley.
Interleague DH issues: The White Sox, Red Sox, Tigers, Rays, Blue Jays, Royals, Mariners and A's all lose their DHs today and tomorrow. The Red Sox will use David Ortiz at first base in one of their Philly games, and Mike Napoli in the other, but they haven't said who will play which game. Otherwise, the biggest names likely to lose playing time today are Eric Hosmer and Paul Konerko.
Streaming starters: Jordan Lyles' latest strong outing raised our record to 37-18 for the season. Today's pick is Justin Grimm (owned in 5.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Diamondbacks, while Thursday's choice is San Diego's Andrew Cashner (18.2 percent owned) versus the terrible Mariners.
On to the news:
- More bad news from Toronto. Brandon Morrow left last night's start with forearm soreness, and his status is TBD. 3B Brett Lawrie might be headed for the DL with a sprained ankle. Closer Casey Janssen has been bothered by a sore shoulder, and hasn't pitched in a week. Oh, and in case you haven't heard, the city's mayor was allegedly caught on video smoking crack. Otherwise, Toronto is a great city, and I highly recommend visiting it. FANTASY NEWS Check out the latest
- It looks like Nationals OF Bryce Harper (knee) will be out until at least Friday. Harper's teammate, SP Ross Detwiler, will miss another start due to an oblique injury.
- The Red Sox have recalled Jackie Bradley Jr., but will use him as an "extra outfielder." He could be headed back to the minors when Shane Victorino's hamstring injury gets better.
- Jason Grilli has 21 saves. I mean ...
- The Rays will probably call up Chris Archer (3.96 ERA, 52 K in 50 IP at Triple A) to pitch on Saturday. In other Rays' prospect news, OF Wil Myers homered twice last night, and has six homers with 15 RBI in his last six games. It looks like Myers has righted the ship after some early-season struggles, and a June callup is probably in the cards.
- Dodgers SS Hanley Ramirez might begin a rehab assignment on Thursday. If that's the case, he could return from the DL as soon as Sunday or Monday.
- As noted here earlier this week, 21-year-old Michael Wacha is listed as the Cardinals' probable Thursday starter. Wacha's 2.05 ERA at Triple A is accompanied by a low strikeout rate (34 K in 52 2/3 IP), so be careful. Beyond NL-only or keeper leagues, I think I'd stay away.
- It doesn't always happen right away, eh, Kevin Gausman?
- Reminder: It's Jered Weaver night in Anaheim.
- Ryan Braun's sore thumb could have him sit at any time. If you own Braun in a daily league, watch the Brewers' lineups closely.
- Twins 3B Trevor Plouffe comes off the seven-day concussion DL today, but might not be in the lineup right away.
- Giants OF Angel Pagan is day-to-day with a strained hamstring. He didn't play on Tuesday.
- Mariners 1B Justin Smoak (oblique) hasn't played since Saturday, and his return date is TBD.
fantasy baseball news
and advice on FOXSports.com!
See you back here tomorrow morning.