It's been nice knowing you, Ubaldo Jimenez. But after last night, I think we're all done with you. 2010 seems like such a long time ago.
First pitch: The Royals and Braves get underway at 12:10 p.m. ET. Also, the Phillies and Reds will resume last night's suspended game at 5:30 before playing tonight's contest.
Interleague DH issues: Lance Berkman will again be relegated to pinch-hitting duties at Wrigley Field. Billy Butler sat last night for the Royals, and it figures that Butler will play in place of 1B Eric Hosmer today against southpaw Mike Minor.
Streaming starters: Derek Holland threw eight scoreless innings for us last night, raising the streaming starter record to 6-7. Today's pick is Oakland's Bartolo Colon (owned in 2.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Astros, while Thursday's selection is Colorado's Jhoulys Chacin (27.7 percent owned) versus the Mets on what is forecasted to be a 36-degree day at Coors Field.
On to the rest of the news:
- It sounds like 3B Chase Headley (thumb) will return to the Padres' lineup tonight against the Dodgers, though there's an outside chance he'll sit for one more game. If we get confirmation today from the Padres on Headley's return, start him if you have him.
- Indians OF Michael Bourn is on the DL with a finger injury. Bourn received five stitches in his right index finger on Sunday, when he tried to slide into first base and got stepped on by White Sox RP Matt Thornton. The guess here is that Bourn will return as soon as he's eligible.
- In other Indians' news, Scott Kazmir is expected to make his first start of the season on Saturday, while 2B Jason Kipnis (elbow) hopes to return to the lineup tonight. Looking at Kazmir's career path, he's sort of the poor man's, southpaw version of Ubaldo.
- Andrew Bailey will close for the Red Sox while Joel Hanrahan (hamstring) is on the DL. Bailey is available in 88.6 percent of FOXSports.com leagues, and you should grab him if you can. As Adam Meyer and I discussed on Tuesday's Fantasy 15 podcast, Hanrahan's general shakiness makes Bailey a possible long-term saves solution. Have we mentioned that you can subscribe to the Fantasy 15 on iTunes?
- Marlins OF Giancarlo Stanton (shoulder) missed his fifth consecutive game on Tuesday, and his status for tonight sounds iffy. Plan to keep Stanton on your bench in daily leagues unless you see a lineup with his name in it.
- Brian McCann's wrist issues might cause a slight delay in his rehab from offseason shoulder surgery. Evan Gattis' fantasy owners will surely be excited devastated by this news.
- The Nationals might give sick outfielders Bryce Harper and Denard Span one more day off.
- Blue Jays OF Jose Bautista is still day-to-day with back spasms.
- Diamondbacks 2B Aaron Hill is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with a broken hand. The D-backs called up rookie SS Didi Gregorius to take Hill's roster spot, but he's more glove than bat. The most interesting effect here is that Martin Prado played second base last night; watch his status to see if he gains eligibility there in your league.
- The lack of lineup protection in New York seems to be really hurting Robinson Cano (.327 BA, 4 HR, 1.042 OPS).
- Angels RP Ryan Madson (elbow) has his eye on a May 1 return. Madson might not get the closer gig right away, but Ernesto Frieri's penchant for walks always makes him risky. Madson is owned in 18.5 percent of FOXSports.com leagues - grab and stash him if you can.
- With Darin Mastroianni on the DL due to a fractured ankle, Twins OF Aaron Hicks gets a reprieve from what appeared to be a looming demotion. If only he can stop striking out in every other at bat, he'll help you. Rookie Oswaldo Arcia is back to take Mastroianni's roster spot, and might get some playing time.
- Phillies C Carlos Ruiz is scheduled to return from his suspension on April 28.
- Did you pick up Barry Zito after his hot start and put him in your lineup yesterday? If so ... sorry to hear that. You know he hasn't had an ERA under 4.00 since 2006, right?
See you back here tomorrow morning.