Why, oh why, are the Royals messing with my man Johnny Giavotella again? He sat on both Saturday and Sunday in favor of Miguel Tejada. ARRGGGHHHH!
First pitch: Both leagues get started at 7:05 p.m. ET.
Interleague DH issues: The A's visit the Pirates and lefty Jeff Locke tonight. Seth Smith is probably the odd man out of Oakland's lineup.
Tonight's pick is Hector Santiago (owned in 4.8 percent of FOXSports.com leagues) against the Cubs, while Tuesday's selection is San Diego's Eric Stults (14 percent owned) versus the undermanned Rockies at PETCO.
On to the news:
- SS Troy Tulowitzki (rib) and OF Dexter Fowler (hand) will both begin rehab assignments tonight for the Rockies. Both are hoping to return to the lineup later this week, but Tulowitzki "feels a dull ache" when he swings, according to the Denver Post, so his chances for a pre-All Star break activation appear shaky.
- In other Rockies' news, OF Carlos Gonzalez is day-to-day with a finger injury. Eric Stults has already been suggested as a streaming starter against the Rox this week, but Edinson Volquez (4.7 percent owned) might not be a bad option tonight, either.
- Dodgers OF Matt Kemp (shoulder) is expected to play tonight after a two-game absence. The Dodgers have new acquisition Ricky Nolasco listed as Tuesday's probable starter, and there's nothing about the move from Miami to Los Angeles that should dramatically alter Nolasco's fantasy value. Maybe he'll get an extra win or two with his new, better team, but beyond that, he was in a good pitcher's park before the trade. Here's a look at the Marlins' options to replace Nolasco in their rotation. Warning: They're not pretty.
- Phillies 1B Ryan Howard (knee) is on the DL, and will have an MRI today. Darin Ruf will get most of Howard's playing time, and should be grabbed in NL-only leagues.
- Cardinals C Yadier Molina (knee) hopes to be back in the lineup on Tuesday.
- Welcome back, A.J. Burnett!
- Derek Jeter may be on the comeback trail, but until he's ready, Eduardo Nunez will get his chance at shortstop for the Yankees. Nunez had three hits and three RBI in two games over the weekend, and could give you a short-term boost in stolen bases.
- Red Sox OF Shane Victorino is day-to-day with a sore hamstring.
- The A's have called up prospect Grant Green, apparently to platoon with Eric Sogard at second base. Even in AL-only leagues, it'll be hard for Green to get enough at bats to help you.
- Padres C Yasmani Grandal is probably done for the season due to a serious knee injury.
- Brandon Beachy rehab assignment, take two!
- Scott Feldman gets his first start tonight for the Orioles.
- Lucas Harrell is "shocked" that the Astros moved him to the bullpen? As someone who owned Harrell in multiple AL-only leagues this season, I'm shocked that he's shocked.
- There's a chance that Ryan Braun (hand) will be back in the Brewers' lineup by midweek. Teammate Aramis Ramirez (knee) will probably get some days off this week, so watch his status in daily lineup leagues.
- Pirates 2B Neil Walker is day-to-day with soreness in his right side.
- Rangers SP Nick Tepesch (elbow) is on the DL.
- The Nationals have placed SP Ross Detwiler on the DL with a lower back strain. Dan Haren will come off the DL tonight to start in Detwiler's place.
- Blue Jays 3B Brett Lawrie has had two hits in three games since moving his rehab to Double A. He's almost ready.
- The rebuilding White Sox called up C Josh Phegley (15 HR, .966 OPS at Triple A) over the weekend. Phegley appears set to platoon with Tyler Flowers, and should be targeted in AL-only leagues. He's not a stud, but he's worth a look.
See you back here tomorrow morning.