A night after Zack Greinke broke his collarbone moshing with Carlos Quentin, Toronto Blue Jays' shortstop Jose Reyes awkwardly rolled his ankle sliding into second base on an attempted steal and had to be carted off the field. At time of publication, the injury report was a sprained ankle and he could be out 1-3 months. Reyes is hitting .395 with five RBI and five stolen bases. Because of the shallow shortstop talent pool, your top fantasy waiver wire options are limited.
Here are my top five fantasy shortstops available in less than 70 percent of all FOXSports.com fantasy baseball leagues:
- Jean Segura (MIL) - .429 BA / HR / 3 RBI
- Pete Kozma (STL) - .297 BA / HR / 5 RBI
- Jhonny Peralta (DET) - .314 BA / .351 OBP / 2 RBI
- Alexei Ramirez (CWS) - .297 BA / HR / 3 R
- Brandon Crawford (SF) - .286 BA / HR / 5 RBI
Click here for more fantasy baseball shortstop trend analysis.
Visit FOXSports.com fantasy baseball news page for more advice and information.
- Ryan Fowler