My AP Top 25 Ballot
1. Ohio State (29-2) *1 – The Buckeyes went on the road and beat Penn State and then knocked off Wisconsin at home.
2. Pittsburgh (27-4) *2 – The Panthers swept South Florida on the road and Villanova at home to win the Big East regular-season crown.
3. Kansas (29-2) *3 – The Jayhawks won yet another Big 12 regular-season title after wins against Texas A&M at home and on the road against Missouri.
4. Notre Dame (25-5) *4 – The Irish beat Villanova early in the week and then went on the road and took care of UConn despite being without Ben Hansbrough for the final eight-plus minutes.
5. Purdue (25-6) *6 – The Boilermakers beat Illinois in West Lafayette, but stumbled in the final regular-season game and lost at Iowa.
6. Texas (25-6) *7 – The Longhorns lost at home against Kansas State on Monday, but went on the road and knocked off Baylor.
7. BYU (28-3) *3 – The Cougars lost their first game without Brandon Davies early in the week – at home against New Mexico – before taking care of Wyoming in Provo.
8. San Diego State (29-2) *8 – The Aztecs beat Wyoming on the road and then Colorado State at home.
9. North Carolina (24-6) *17 – The Tar Heels won at Florida State and then won the ACC regular-season title with a victory at home against Duke.
10. Duke (27-4) *9 – The Blue Devils beat Clemson at home and then lost the regular-season title with a road setback to rival North Carolina.
11. Syracuse (25-6) *12 – The Orange pounded DePaul over the weekend.
12. Louisville (23-8) *14 – The Cardinals beat Providence at home and blew a late lead against West Virginia on the road.
13. Florida (24-6) *16 – The Gators have finished as strong as just about anyone – with a home win over Alabama and then going into Memorial Coliseum and coming away with a win over Vandy.
14. Wisconsin (23-7) *15 – The Badgers beat Indiana in Bloomington before losing to Ohio State in Columbus.
15. St. John’s (19-9) *13 – The Red Storm finally dropped one – at Seton Hall – before rebounding with a win over South Florida.
16. West Virginia (20-10) *19 – The Mountaineers beat UConn and Louisville in Morgantown.
17. UConn (21-9) *11 – The Huskies have faded, losing at West Virginia and at home to Notre Dame.
18. Kentucky (22-8) *20 – The Wildcats had a good week, beating Vandy at home and then going on the road and taking care of Tennessee.
19. Kansas State (22-9) *21 – The Wildcats got a road win against Texas early in the week and then got past Iowa State in Manhattan on Saturday.
20. Georgetown (21-9) *10 – The Hoyas have lost three straight without Chris Wright – including a setback on the road to Cincinnati this past week.
21. Vanderbilt (21-9) *18 – The Commodores had a rough week, losing at Kentucky and at home against Florida.
22. Temple (24-6) *24 – Fran Dunphy’s team needed overtime to beat UMass and then took care of La Salle.
23. Texas A&M (23-7) *25 – The Aggies lost in Lawrence to Kansas and then beat Texas Tech.
24. Xavier (24-6) *25 – The Musketeers beat Charlotte at home and then got a road win against Saint Louis to close out the regular season.
T25. Missouri (22-9) *23 – The Tigers lost at Nebraska and at home against Kansas.
T25. Villanova (21-10) *22 – The Wildcats continue to struggle, but they had a tough week with road setbacks against Notre Dame and Pittsburgh.
Dropped Out: None