*Nota Bene-Pretty long post follows. As I was watching a viciously bland bowl game of nugatory importance (the Meineke Car Care Bowl) the news which will overshadow everything else from Saturday became the special ingredient to spice up that bowl gumbo: Urban Meyer's resignation as Florida coach due to health issues. There has already been a lot of words spent on what this move means. I'll only add this for the moment: Cincy is winning the Sugar Bowl. Mardy Gilyard said he is in control of the situation and you had better listen to that man. A measure of added interest, Urban Meyer played at Cincy. As for Urban Meyer (who got the job at Florida after introducing the BCS and Pitt to the Utah bowl game buzzsaw) whatever happens in that Sugar Bowl, he left the game with quite an impressive resume trailing behind himself.
- 2 BCS Championships in 3 years, only coach to win 2 BCS Championships (well, until Nick Saban (or Mack Brown, but probably not him) does it again in January)
- 2 SEC Titles, 2 MWC Titles
- 5-1 Bowl record (3-0 in BCS games)
- Highest win percentage (.841) of any active coach (min. 5 years)
- All of his three teams (Bowling Green, Utah, Florida) won at least 8 games per season (not averaged wins, actual record, at least 8 wins a season)
- Bringing back the jump pass, fellow LSU fans, look away.