Posted October 13, 2011 on AP on Fox
Boxing__nathan_9f2b
WBO light-heavyweight champion Nathan Cleverly says he has only watched challenger Tony Bellew fight once during his preparations for their title bout on Saturday. Cleverly was scheduled to take on the former three-time ABA heavyweight champion in May, but Bellew failed to make the weight. Cleverly said Thursday that ''I've seen what I've had to see and I will just go in and do my thing.'' He added that ''I'm ready to shock an awful lot of people and make the bookies lose an awful lot of money.'' The buildup for the fight has included heated confrontations between the pair. Police also had to be called in at one press conference last month after a row between Cleverly's father and trainer, Vince, and Bellew's camp. The 24-year-old Cleverly has said he will retire if he loses the bout.
THE BACKYARD
BEST OF MAXIM
Boxing News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.