Found 19 hours ago on
Pro Boxing Fans:
Scheduled to face Anthony Mundine at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in Australia on October 23, Sugar Shane Mosley will instead be going home after a breach of contract by the event's co-promoter, Millennium Events, prompting his withdrawal from the fight.
"I'm very disappointed with this turn of events because I was planning on making a big statement by beating Mundine, but I was left with no choice but to withdraw," said Shane Mosley. "The fans in Australia have welcomed me with open arms, and I hope to return to fight for them one day in better circumstances."
"It's unfortunate that this fight will not be taking place, and we apologize to all of Shane's Australian fans, but there are contracts in place for a reason, and when the terms are not adhered to, we have no choice but to protect our fighter, and that's what happened here," said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions.
According to various rumors and reports, it...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
This is the face of a person who gets $300,000 for doing absolutely nothing.
With concerns being raised to whether or not former three-division champ Shane Mosley should continue to fight or not, it turns out those concerned with Mosley fighting on have no need to worry tomorrow, as Mosley has pulled out of his bout with Anthony Mundine according to ESPN.
Citing breach of contract...
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - And it’s over … it never even started. Mosley vs Mundine is off. Here’s the official press release from the people at Golden Boy Promotions BREACH OF CONTRACT FORCES MOSLEY TO WITHDRAW FROM OCT. 23 BOUT AGAINST ANTHONY MUNDINE LOS ANGELES (October 21) - Scheduled to face Anthony Mundine at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in Australia on October 23, boxing...
Shane Mosely was scheduled to fight Anthony Mundine this Wednesday, but now is headed home. The legendary boxer, Shane Mosely was in Sydney, Australia where the bout was to take place. Shane Mosely was also advised by his managers to leave for home last week when Team Mosely had fear of not getting his purse […]
Backers for Shane Mosley say the American boxer has withdrawn from his scheduled bout with Anthony Mundine in Sydney on Wednesday due to a contract dispute.
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer issued a statement from Los Angeles saying ''we have no choice but to protect our fighter'' because terms of the contract had not been met.
The official weigh-in was...
Breach Of Contract Forces Mosley To Withdraw From Oct. 23 Bout Against Anthony Mundine
ESPN3 to Present Exclusive Live U.S. Coverage of Mosley vs. Mundine on Oct. 23
ESPN3 will present exclusive live coverage in the U.S. of the 12-round Junior Middleweight bout between former three-division champion Shane Mosley (47-8-1, 39 KOs), and Australia’s Anthony Mundine (44-5, 26 KOs) on Wednesday, Oct. 23, from the Sydney Entertainment Center in Sydney. Wednesday’s card...
With his best days behind him and retirement around the corner, boxing star Shane Mosley was hoping for one last taste of glory on October 23 against Australian Anthony Mundine in Sydney. That fight now has been cancelled, as a breach of contract dispute has arisen between Mosley and Millennium Events, the event's co-promoter. As a result, Mosley has withdrawn from the fight...
This is what you call having a smart contract.
Mosley was supposed to fight Anthony Mundine in Australia tomorrow and be paid $1 million. Because the Australian promoter in Mosley’s mind was a little shady, the contract called for Mosley to get $300k in advance (non-refundable) and the rest before the fight.
Guess what happened?
Shane Mosley, saying that Millennium Events promoter...
Scheduled to face Anthony Mundine at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in Australia on October 23, boxing superstar Sugar Shane Mosley will instead be going home after a breach of contract by the event's co-promoter, Millennium Events, prompting his withdrawal from the fight.
After news yesterday of Shane Mosely vs Anthony Mundine being called off, another fight has just followed suit. Carlos Molina vs Victor Ortiz has been scrapped from the Adrien Broner vs Marcos Maidana Pay-Per-View undercard. Carlos Molina looked to make his 1st title defense against the former boxing star Victor Ortiz. Both the Ortiz team […]