Kentucky - Freshman (Born 1993)
- great size for the small forward position
- 6'10" wingspan
- elite defender who is good/big/long/athletic enough to guard multiple positions in the NBA
- relentless driver who is terrific at getting to the hoop and finishing
- extremely hardworking, intense player
- always gives 100% effort on both ends of the floor
- big game experience
- terrific rebounder for his position
- is a great scorer in transition which should translate well to the pros
- poor outside shooter - will need to improve his shooting range to keep NBA defenders honest
- still extremely young (won't turn 19 until September) so might not be ready to contribute immediately
- needs to work on his ball-handling
- probably doesn't project to be a "superstar"
Andrei Iguodala/Gerald Wallace - both in terms of playing style (do-it-all) and level of play (All-Star)
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is probably the player who did the most to improve his draft stock this season (at least among the elite prospects). He now has a legitimate shot at being the second name called by David Stern in June. While he might not project to be a NBA superstar, he does look like an All-Star level player and a mainstay on the NBA's All-Defensive Team.
For more NBA draft player profiles, visit our 2012 NBA Draft Consensus Mock Draft
College Basketball News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?