Kentucky - Freshman (Born 1993)
- great size for the small forward position
- 6'10" wingspan
- elite defender who is good/big/long/athletic enough to guard multiple positions in the NBA
- relentless driver who is terrific at getting to the hoop and finishing
- extremely hardworking, intense player
- always gives 100% effort on both ends of the floor
- big game experience
- terrific rebounder for his position
- is a great scorer in transition which should translate well to the pros
- poor outside shooter - will need to improve his shooting range to keep NBA defenders honest
- still extremely young (won't turn 19 until September) so might not be ready to contribute immediately
- needs to work on his ball-handling
- probably doesn't project to be a "superstar"
Andrei Iguodala/Gerald Wallace - both in terms of playing style (do-it-all) and level of play (All-Star)
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist is probably the player who did the most to improve his draft stock this season (at least among the elite prospects). He now has a legitimate shot at being the second name called by David Stern in June. While he might not project to be a NBA superstar, he does look like an All-Star level player and a mainstay on the NBA's All-Defensive Team.
For more NBA draft player profiles, visit our 2012 NBA Draft Consensus Mock Draft
College Basketball News
Delivered to your inbox
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News|
Today's Best Stuff
Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.
What is Yardbarker?