• Clemson and Coastal Carolina meet Tuesday for the first time since the 2002-03 season. It will be the sixth meeting in history between the two schools on the hardwood, with Clemson holding a 5-0 advantage.
• Tuesday's game will feature the return of former Clemson coach Cliff Ellis to the opposing sideline for the first time since he left the school in 1994. He was Clemson's head coach from 1984-94, guiding the Tigers to 177 wins and the 1990 ACC regular season championship.
• This will be the first time in history a former Clemson coach has returned to Littlejohn Coliseum to compete against the Tigers with another team.
• Prior to Tuesday's game following the national anthem, Ellis will be presented a plaque commemorating his achievements as Clemson's basketball coach.
• The Tigers are coming off a loss to College of Charleston, Clemson's first home loss against a Southern Conference team since Elon won at Littlejohn Coliseum in 2005-06.
Clemson coach Dabo Swinney says the reason for his team's slump is simple: Eleven turnovers in three games.
The 18th-ranked Tigers (9-2) have lost two of their past three games, including a surprising 37-13 loss to North Carolina State last Saturday. After a largely-mistake free start during and 8-0 run, the Tigers and quarterback Tajh Boyd have been error prone. Clemson faces...
Clemson tight end Dwayne Allen has been named one of three finalists for the John Mackey Award. The Mackey Award is named after the former Baltimore Colts and Syracuse great and is presented to the top tight end in college football. The winner will be announced in Orlando, FL at the Home Depot College Football Awards Show on December 8.
Clemson defensive end Andre Branch is one of 19 players named to the Final Mid-Season Watch List for the Ted Hendricks Award. The honor goes to the top defensive end in college football and is named after former Miami (FL) defensive end Ted Hendricks. Last year's recipient was Clemson's DaQuan Bowers.
The University of South Carolina football squad worked out Wednesday afternoon at the Bluff Road practice fields. The 9-2 Gamecocks (No. 14 AP/13 Coaches/12 BCS) are preparing for their regular season finale on Saturday against their in-state rivals, the 9-2 Clemson Tigers (No. 16 AP/17 Coaches/17 BCS).
It will no doubt take a special effort to stop the Clemson Tigers on Saturday night, but Ellis Johnson and the rest of the USC defensive staff are busy preparing for that challenge. Making it more difficult to stop the explosive attack led by quarterback Tajh Boyd and offensive coordinator Chad Morris is the number of Gamecocks nursing injuries this week.
By PETE IACOBELLICLEMSON, S.C. (AP) -- There's little mystery behind Clemson's recent problems and coach Dabo Swinney said the fix is just as simple: Cut down on mistakes.
"You want some grand answer?" Swinney said Tuesday of Clemson's issues. "It's 11 turnovers in three games."
The Tigers (9-2) led the nation in fewest turnovers with just six...
Nov 26, 7:45 PM | Grass of Williams-Brice Stadium
Clemson Tigers vs South Carolina Gamecocks Odds
The Tigers will be looking to pick up a win and cover the spread when they take on the Gamecocks in South Carolina at Williams-Brice Stadium on Saturday in Week 13 action.
They battle the Tigers, currently with a 9-2 mark (7-4 ATS). The over under records...
Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.