• Clemson and South Carolina meet for the 162nd time in men's basketball Sunday at Littlejohn Coliseum. The Gamecocks own the series lead, 87-74, but the Tigers hold a 45-30 advantage over their in-state rival in home games.
• The Tigers enter the game with a 4-2 record and defeated Iowa on the road, 71-55, as part of the Big Ten/ACC Challenge on Tuesday.
• Clemson has now won four straight road games in the Challenge, the only school to accomplish the feat. The Tigers own five overall road wins in the event, more than any other school.
• The Gamecocks are 2-5 on the season, most recently falling at home to Providence on Thursday in the Big East/SEC Challenge.
• Clemson won six straight in the series from 2004-09, before South Carolina broke the streak last season at home with a 64-60 victory.
• Clemson is coming off its best outside shooting performance of the season, as the Tigers made 11-of-21 from three-point range and shot 51.9 percent from the field against Iowa.
• Clemson has held five of its six opponents to 60 points or less and is second in the ACC in scoring defense (55 ppg).
• Andre Young made his last five three-point baskets against Iowa to match a single-game high. He now has 187 for his career, more than any other active player in the ACC.
• With two steals against Iowa, Young tied former teammate Trevor Booker for 11th on Clemson's all-time list with 144 career steals.
receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web.
Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.