Found March 16, 2013 on
Run the Floor:
1. Lorenzo Brown has six points and eight assists, but was 0-2 on 2s and 0-4 on 3s. It was the first time all year he failed to make a field goal. All his points came at the line where he made 6-9. He also turned the ball over 5 times, and has now turned it over at least that much in five of the past ten games.
2. Durand Scott scored 32 points on 12-18 shooting, eclipsing his previous season high of 25 points earlier this season vs Duke. His previous career high was 29 vs North Carolina as a freshman. Scott made 5-8 3s vs the Wolfpack, which is the first time in his career he's made more than four.
3. Miami had just 10 assists on 26 made baskets (38.5% assist rate). On the year Miami generates an assist on 45.% of their baskets, which is 326th in the nation.
4. This was the ACC semi-final, and Miami is now advancing to their first ACC title game since they joined the league in 2004. It is the third time in five years that the ACC final has featured a team from Florida. If Miami wins it will be the first time schools from outside of North Carolina have won back-to-back ACC Titles since 1984-1985.
5. Miami won 81-71 in a 68 possession game. The Hurricanes scored 1.19 points per possession, and only three teams all year have scored more against NC State.
BEST OF MAXIM
Lorenzo Brown makes North Carolina State a dangerous team in transition with his ability to find teammates or take it all the way himself. He just couldn't get the Wolfpack running against No. 9 Miami in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament semifinals.
Brown struggled with his shot while the Wolfpack continued to bumble away chances on the break in Saturday's 81-71 loss...
Game time: 1 p.m.
Miami has never advanced to the ACC tournament championship while North Carolina State last reached one six years ago and hasn't won this event since 1987.
One of these teams will get a shot at the title, and the Wolfpack will have Lorenzo Brown on Saturday as they try to avenge a regular-season loss to the No. 9 Hurricanes.
Miami (25-6) has reached...
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP) -- Durand Scott scored a career-high 32 points to help No. 9 Miami beat North Carolina State 81-71 on Saturday in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament semifinals, earning its first trip to the championship game.
Shane Larkin added 23 for the top-seeded Hurricanes (26-6), who led the entire way and by 19 points late in the first half. Miami shot 46 percent...
Richard Howell scored 22 points with 12 rebounds while Lorenzo Brown led the defensive effort on league player of the year Erick Green to help North Carolina State beat Virginia Tech 80-63 in Thursday's first round of the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.
C.J. Leslie scored 15 points for the fifth-seeded Wolfpack (23-9), who shot 52.8 percent (28 of 53) and took control...
Durand Scott scored a career-high 32 points to help No. 9 Miami beat North Carolina State 81-71 on Saturday in the Atlantic Coast Conference tournament semifinals, earning its first trip to the championship game.
Shane Larkin added 23 for the top-seeded Hurricanes (26-6), who led the entire way and by 19 points late in the first half. Miami shot 46 percent behind Scott, a senior...
GREENSBORO, N.C. -- Durand Scott hit 32 points to lead Miami past NC State 81-71 in the ACC Tournament semifinals.
Leading the way for the Hurricanes is guard Durand Scott (12.9 ppg). He can do a little bit of everything but he excels at attacking the rim. Scott finished averaging 5.4 rpg not bad for a guard. One area he needs to improve on is his three points shooting. Joining him in the backcourt is Shane Larkin (7.4 ppg). He is coming off an excellent freshman season. He was fifth...