If you’re a Maryland fan, you should read Eric Prisbell’s profile on Shaquille Cleare, who’s coming to College Park next season. Even if you’re not a Terps fan, you should read it for Cleare’s coming-to-America tale, as well as the shady recruitment from sorted comers that ensued.
Here, though, are some choice bits to paint a picture of the four-star recruit:
– Cleare is 6′9″, weighs 280 and has size-19 feet.
– He was a big baby, and he’s named after Shaquille O’Neal.
– He shared a three-bedroom home in Houston with 15 other Bahamians.
– His favorite artists include Al Green and Gladys Knight & the Pips.
– He averages 26 points per game on 83 percent shooting.
So, yeah, he’s an interesting cat. Can’t wait to see him alongside Terrell Stoglin and company. But please do read Prisbell’s piece. It’s good stuff, and you Maryland fans will enjoy the bit about him committing not just because of Gary Williams, but because of Mark Turgeon too.