Found March 13, 2012 on
North Carolina Tar Heels
Alabama Crimson Tide
North Carolina State Wolfpack
I think the Midwest is the easiest region of the four regions. This is good for the top seeds North Carolina and Kansas. Check out my Midwest region breakdown.
Top 10 Players:
1. Thomas Robinson (Kansas) – Robinson is the most dominate low post scorer in the country. He is also probably the strongest too. He would have my vote for Player of the Year.
2. Tyler Zeller (North Carolina) –After a slow start Zeller picked it up during conference play and was named the ACC Player of the Year. Zeller has the best jump hook in college basketball.
3. Doug McDermott (Creighton)- McDermott is the nation’s third leading scorer. He is also a very good three point shooter and rebounder.
4. Harrison Barnes (North Carolina)- Barnes has been more aggressive this season attacking the rim and he is shooting the three better. Need a shot late to win, put money on Barnes to make it.
5. John Henson (North Carolina)- If he is healthy he is the 2nd best defender in college basketball. Henson im...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
The U.S. Basketball Writers Association announced its All-America Teams on Monday afternoon, with North Carolina senior center Tyler Zeller selected for the Second Team.
In the Midwest region it is setup to be a clash between the former Roy Williams coached school (Kansas) vs. the current Roy Williams coached school (North Carolina) in the Elite 8. However, there will be a couple of upsets in the early rounds. Related posts:
March Madness 2012 Preview: East Region
March Madness Preview: South Region
March Madness Betting – Tennessee Vols vs...
An intriguing scenario awaits Roy Williams in a potential Elite Eight appearance.
The North Carolina coach might face Kansas the same program where he earned four Final Four berths from 1988 to 2003. The reunion would occur at the Edward Jones Dome, the same site where Williams guided the Tar Heels to a national championship in 2005. And as with that season, North Carolina will...
As you may have noticed, we’ve gone a little March Madness crazy here at MSF this month. What can I say? It’s what we do.
Personally, it’s my favorite time of the sports year, so why sleep or participate in recreational and/or social activities when there is always more NCAA Tournament analysis that can be done? Right? (Crickets…)
Anyway, with two thrilling First Four games...
CBSSports.com announced its end of season awards which included three Tar Heels. Kendall Marshall was named first team All-America with Tyler Zeller and John Henson receiving third team honors. This All-American team is not one used by UNC in the criteria for honoring jerseys however it is nice to see someone recognizing Marshall’s game.
UNC players and coaches...