One of the true rising stars in the college football media is one, Travis Haney. Travis was nice enough to join the podcast nearly two years ago to discuss his first book “Gamecock Glory” and has since gone on to write two more books, and change jobs twice, recently landing at ESPN.com, as their college football insider.
Well late last week Travis was nice enough to join the podcast, where he discussed a number of topics entering the season, including the Alabama vs. LSU debate, the time he spent with Lane Kiffin this summer, NFL betting on Top Bet and more in the college football season.
To listen to the podcast on this website, click the green box below
To download the podcast straight from iTunes, please click here
To subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast, please click here
To listen to the podcast on your iPhone or Android please click here
Included were the following:
- Travis’ short, yet windy road to his current gig at ESPN. What did he learn covering South Carolina and Oklahoma the last few years that will transition to what he’s doing now in 2012? Also, what is different in covering a local vs. national beat?
- The surprise Travis had when ESPN called him earlier this spring, and why he thought the phone call was about anything but a job.
- Moving to college football, Travis shares the funny story of how USC SID Tim Tessalone “threw him under the bus” when he met up with Lane Kiffin. Travis is a Tennessee grad, and as expected it made for some interesting conversation with the coach.
- Travis’ take on Alabama vs. LSU and who has the edge entering 2012. Also, what is it about Alabama that allows them to garner so much respect, after losing so many players?
- Moving over to Travis’ alma mater Tennessee, what he expects from them this year. Also, why their fragility can come into play as early as Week 1 against NC State.
- How about Arkansas? Is Travis a believer in the Hogs ability to move on without Bobby Petrino.
- And finally, Travis gives us some teams he expects to surprise and disappoint this fall, and why he (like myself) is not as high on West Virginia as most.
Folks, if you’re looking for a fresh, fun and unique voice that’s set to take over the college football media in the next couple years, Travis Haney is undoubtedly your guy. The man is intelligent, knows people scattered all over this sport and truly has a unique feel for everything that makes college football great. This is a must listen for any college football fan.
Speaking of the interview, you can access it in any number of ways. If you can’t listen to the show live here, you can always download it straight from iTunes, just by searching for the “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” You can also subscribe to the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast by clicking here.
Also for updates on the show, my writing and much more, be sure to follow on Twitter @Aaron_Torres and you can join his once weekly mailing list for updates on articles, podcasts and giveaways by e-mailing at ATorres00@gmail.com. Also, be sure to follow Travis on Twitter @TravHaneyESPN.
And finally (and maybe most importantly to some of you!), please remember that Exclusiv Vodka is now an official sponsor of the Aaron Torres Sports Podcast. And as a thank you for listening, they want to give you a free bottle of their product.
To be entered all you’ve got to do is go to Exclusiv’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ExclusivVodka. From there, be sure to “Like” their product, and then tag yourself with Exclusiv and the phrase “Aaron Torres Sports Podcast.” Do that, and you’ll be automatically entered to win a free bottle.
Regardless, I want to quickly thank Travis again for joining the show, and thank you for taking the time to listen.
Until next time…
College Football News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff