Found November 20, 2012 on
Leather Helmet Blog:
1. Texas A&M (9-2, 5-2 SEC): Despite beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa and a No. 9 BCS ranking, the Aggies are headed to a non-BCS bowl, the Cotton, according to CBS' Jerry Palm. Last week's power ranking: 1. Next up:Missouri, Saturday, 7 p.m. ET (ESPN2).
2. Alabama (10-1, 6-1 SEC): Just like Nick Saban forecasted, one loss won't prevent the Crimson Tide from winning the national title. First they'll look to take care of Auburn in the Iron Bowl, a series Alabama leads 41-34-1. Last week's power ranking: 2. Next up: Auburn, 3:30 p.m. ET (CBS).
3. LSU (9-2, 5-2 SEC): The Tigers are serving up plenty of late-game drama, and the excitement extends to Les Miles' press conferences. Watch what the Mad Hatter said after the Tigers beat Ole Miss 41-35 Saturday. Last week's power ranking: 3. Next up: at Arkansas, Friday, 2:30 p.m. ET (CBS).
4. Georgia (10-1, 7-1 SEC): Suddenly, Georgia can win the national championship by winning out. The Bulldogs have beaten in-state rival Georgia Tech 10 of the last 11 times. Last week's power ranking: 4. Next up: Georgia Tech, Saturday, 12 p.m. ET (ESPN).
In pursuit of Gruden:
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports kicked the Gruden talk into overdrive. In his report he stated that:
* Both Arkansas and Tennessee are chasing Gruden.
* “The Razorbacks are prepared to make their next coach the highest-paid in the SEC, according to sources close to the program, and budget will not be an issue.”
* “Browns owner Jimmy Haslam — a billionaire booster for the Volunteers, whose brother Bill, just happens to be the governor of Tennessee — has told several people that he loves Gruden and believes he would be a great fit at the school.”
* “League sources” have said Gruden has called a number of potential assistant coaches “with his focus seeming more on the college game, asking questions of those potential staffers about recruiting and issues that do not related to pro football.”
* Raheem Morris — the man who replaced Gruden in Tampa — would be strongly considered for any defensive coordinator job Gruden might have to fill in 2013.
Just a lady walking her rat:
Crosby Stills Nash & Young - Wooden Ships (Live 1974)
Buffalo Springfield - Mr. Soul
Buffalo Springfield ~ On The Way Home (1968)
Buffalo Springfield - For What Its Worth
Origins of Israel Palestinian Conflict
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
Alabama head football coach Nick Saban's press conference this week included one of those simple little questions that Saban responds with an answer several times more complex. The query this time around? Whether or Saban enjoys the Iron Bowl week lead up to the annual rivalry game against Auburn?
"I enjoy coaching, I enjoy the challenges. I enjoy working with the...
The Big 12 outpaced the SEC in average salary pay per coach according to a USA Today report. The SEC still has the top paid coach, Alabama's Nick Saban, and they have eight coaches in the top 25 of the highest paid. The Big Ten has five of the top 25 salaries for coaches and the Big 12 has four. The SEC actually saw a decrease in average salary since last season, but that is...
At his weekly Monday press conference, Alabama head coach Nick Saban made it clear he didn't want to discuss anything--aka, Kansas State, Oregon, the BCS--except Auburn.
Alabama coach Nick Saban isn't talking about the BCS or SEC championship.
He insists the second-ranked Crimson Tide's focus is only on the state title going into Saturday's game against Auburn. Saban said Monday ''we're not in any conversations about anything other than the game that we're playing.''
That means he doesn't want to hear about...
QUICK HITS: On Wednesday's SEC Coaches Teleconference, Alabama coach Nick Saban explained that despite the heat that comes with the Iron Bowl rivalry, there's no bitterness between him and Auburn's Gene Chizik
There isn’t a ton of drama remaining in the regular season. Assuming Alabama beats Auburn — and Nick Saban’s team is favored by over four...
While he wasn't as fired up as that guy from Baton Rouge, you have to think that Nick Saban was pretty stoked after the Crimson Tide's path back to the BCS Title Game parted like, well, the crimson sea. Yes, while most of the SEC was busy playing glorified scrimmages (and, really, with the carnage we've seen thus far in the heart of Dixie, they were entitled to an actual...
This 60 Minutes special that was on tonight was quite intriguing and a must-watch. Michigan Athletic Director Dave Brandon, Michigan Head Coach Brady Hoke and Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban were key features in this segment and provided interesting insight into the business side of college football.There is also an interesting 60 Minutes behind the scenes of Michigan football from their website.
It’s surprising to me, albeit only mildly, that no one has re-hashed the whole Shaun King-John Gruden debacle, what-with all the chatter about Gruden possibly landing a job in the college football ranks come 2013. I mean, it wasn’t all that long ago that King was pointing a not-so-nice finger at Mr. Gruden—essentially calling him a liar—and saying he wasn’t a coach...