Found October 08, 2013 on
Ole Rebel Blog:
Stacey Revere / Getty Images
The Rebels are coming off two straight losses against Alabama and Auburn, and are looking to bounce back as Johnny Manziel and the Aggies roll into town.
• Game Time: Kickoff is 7:30p.m. CT and will be televised on ESPN.
• Location: Vaught-Hemingway Stadium, Oxford, MS.
• This is the sixth meeting all-time between Ole Miss and Texas A&M, dating back to 1911. The Aggies have won each of the previous five meetings, including a 30-27 come-from-behind victory last year in Oxford.
• The Rebels are 3-2 for the second straight year and are looking to start 4-2 for the first time since 2009.
• No. 9 Texas A&M is the second ranked opponent for the Rebels this year … Ole Miss’ last win over a ranked team was a 41-24 triumph over No. 24 Mississippi State on Nov. 24 last year.
• The Aggies are averaging a little over 49 points per game. The Rebels are averaging a little over 27 points per game.
• The Aggies have a 6 point spread over the Rebels, ...
BEST OF MAXIM
AROUND THE WEB
There is no doubt about it, Johnny Manziel is the backbone of Texas A&M’s team. Struggling on the defensive front, fans worry that if Manziel goes down their season is over.
What would happen if Johnny Football couldn’t step on the field? We have seen it happen before. Football programs crumble due to their star player being benched, or even injured. He hasn’t been hurt...
Ole Miss chasing down Johnny Manziel in 2012. Photo: Corpus Christi Caller.
In his first season as head football coach of Ole Miss Hugh Freeze saw his team lose to Texas A&M 30-27 in its first year in the SEC. This was a month or so before Texas A&M's starting quarterback Johnny Manziel exploded onto the national scene by leading the Aggies to an upset victory...
(Eds: With AP Photos.) By DAVID BRANDT AP Sports Writer It was just two weeks ago that Mississippi was a trendy pick to make some serious noise in the Southeastern Conference.
Consecutive road losses to No. 1 Alabama and Auburn have sent the Rebels (3-2, 1-2) crashing back to reality, and now No. 9 Texas A&M (4-1, 1-1) comes to town on Saturday.
How to stop Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel and a high-powered Aggies offense? Ole Miss linebacker Serderius Bryant has some ideas.
Texas A&M managed to thrive despite playing 12 straight weeks in 2012 but has gotten the luxury of a bye week this season.
The ninth-ranked Aggies are hoping that time off will aid their defense and help the program match its longest win streak away from home Saturday night against slumping Mississippi.
Texas A&M was forced to forgo its bye week last season after its opening...
What if you were placed where you are to make a difference, to bring hope, to encourage, to help a person to improve? Know this, you were! – Coach Hugh Freeze
Ole Miss will host the Texas A&M Aggies as a 6 point-underdog in Vaught-Hemingway Stadium on Saturday night. Texas A&M was off this past week while the Rebels were in Jordan-Haire Stadium battling wit the Auburn Tigers...
The Bloguin Heisman Poll continues with it's second poll of 2013. Last week the poll debuted with reigning champion Johnny Manziel in the top spot. After a bye week can he hold off Aaron Murray, Marcus Mariota and Tajh Boyd?
What you'll see each week in the Bloguin Heisman Poll:
* The top five total vote getters and quotes from bloggers in support of their candidate...
As we start the Texas A&M game week, we reached out to a “truly amazing” special guest for insight on the other team. I told you this edition of “Opponent Blogger Q&A” would be good. This week’s special guest is….
David Walker (Twitter: @12thmanQB) is the Editor of MaroonMadness.com> where he covers Texas Aggie sports. In 1973, he was the first true-freshman...