If the defense provided by the Nittany Lions in Beaver Stadium on Saturday wasn’t enough for you, the Penn Staters in the NFL came through for you on Sunday.
As far as single NFL weeks go, this one was about as good as they get by a single group of alumni.
One linebacker overtook another for the NFL tackles lead. Another moved into second place in turnovers forced in the NFL. On top of that, there were interceptions everywhere.
See how all of the Nittany Lions did in week 3 after the jump!
- Pat Devlin, Dolphins — Inactive (Third QB)
- Michael Robinson, Seahawks — Plays Monday night
- Evan Royster, Redskins — 2 rushes for 21 yards, 2 receptions for 13 yards
- Jordan Norwood, Browns — Inactive (Coach’s decision)
- Dennis Landolt, Jets — Inactive (Knee)
- Rich Ohrnberger, Cardinals
- Stefen Wisniewski, Raiders
- Chris Baker, Redskins — 2 tackles
- Jack Crawford, Raiders — No stats recorded
- Jared Odrick, Dolphins — 1 tackle, 0.5 sacks
- Devon Still, Bengals — 1 tackle
- Cameron Wake, Dolphins – 5 tackles
- Navorro Bowman, 49ers — 18 tackles
- Dan Connor, Cowboys — 2 tackles
- Sean Lee, Cowboys — 6 tackles, 1 interception
- Aaron Maybin, Jets — No stats recorded
- Paul Posluszny, Jaguars — 7 tackles, 1 interception, 1 pass defended
- Tamba Hali, Chiefs — No stats recorded
- Josh Hull, Rams — 1 tackle
- Bryan Scott, Bills — 1 tackle, 1 interception
- Tim Shaw, Titans — 1 tackle
- Justin King, Colts — 1 tackle
- Robbie Gould, Bears — 3/3 FGs (Made 54, 22, 37 yards), 2/2 XPs
- Phil Taylor, DT, Browns — PUP
- Andrew Quarless, TE, Packers — PUP
- Johnnie Troutman, OG, Chargers — Reserve/Non-football injury
- Levi Brown, LT, Cardinals — IR
- Brett Brackett, TE, Jaguars – IR
- See videos of all three interceptions at the following links:
- In case it’s too much work to watch Bryan Scott‘s video, he came within 1 yard of returning his pick for a TD. Scott’s interception also put a relatively close game to bed, so bonus points for that. The interception was also Scott’s third forced turnover (2 INTs, 1 FF) of the season, which is good for (tie) 2nd best in the NFL.
- Last week I mentioned that after two weeks of the 2012 season, not a single Nittany Lion had recorded a sack. Well this week, Jared Odrick came through and delivered half of one! Keep in mind, Cameron Wake switched to defensive end this year. That combined with the double-teams he constantly receives can explain his lack of production.
- Based on this week’s game, it appears as if Evan Royster has passed Roy Helu as the #2 running back on the Washington depth chart. While he’s still behind rookie Alfred Morris, this week Royster made the most of his touches, averaging just under 10 yards/touch on the day.
- Navorro Bowman‘s 18-tackle effort was good enough to propel him past Sean Lee for the NFL tackles lead. Bowman now has 37 on the season, while Lee has 32 which moves him into 4th. Considering the Vikings ran 76 plays (some of which were special teams), that means Bowman average a tackle about every 4 plays.
For more great articles, check out PSU in the NFL.
College Football News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!
|Best of Yardbarker||NFL News||MLB News||NBA News||NHL News|
Today's Best Stuff