January 11, 2013

Baseball HOF Reaction

You will have to forgive the chairman as I am set to climb aboard the soapbox again. The reaction received twenty four hours after the Baseball Writers of America pitched a shutout to the most star studded ballot (since the first ballot in 1936) has bothered me; though I realize I should have seen this coming.

Many current Baseball Hall of Fame inductees have been vocal about their opinions about not letting suspected PED users (namely Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds & Sammy Sosa) into Cooperstown. Andre Dawson had commented weeks ago that those players should not be inducted. Jim Bunning recently spoke out and said he would not be comfortable visiting the Hall anymore that they been elected. Slugger, Al Kaline echoed the same sentiment, that he was “honoured to be in the Hall” and he would not feel comfortable “listening to some of these new guys talk about how great they were’. On Twitter, Dennis Eckersley tweeted how the Baseball Writers made a statement and that it “feels right.”

2 Comments:
  • Most people don't know that Babe Ruth was banned from baseball twice during his career and still made it into the HOF. There are no saints out there so just go by their stats.
  • It's not about being a saint. Bonds NEVER hit over 40 homers in a season when he jacked the 73...if that isn't cheating what is? He could always hit, but the Roids just made the ball carry much further. So his numbers are over inflated. Sad thing is, he probably would have been a Hall of Famer had he just stayed clean, but not now.
MLB News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

MLB managers on the hot seat

25 most memorable plays in NFL history

10 NHL players looking to bounce back in 2014-15

Most confrontational sports interviews

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.