May 03, 2013

ESPN's Broussard takes a hard stand on the right to be gay

It's nothing personal, I always have enjoyed listening to Mr. Broussard, but as an older minority who has lived his life witnessing bigotry and exclusion- up front and personal - I have developed a weak stomach for any kind of racism, against anybody, for any reason, specially when is hiding behind religion.

4 Comments:
  • I have just about had it??? with people like Ellen DeGeneres who and how??? many times must remind us of her preferences????
  • Chris Broussard is a true Christian. What did the world expect him to say, that homosexuality is ok? He knows the heart of Jesus Christ who declares in Leviticus that homosexuality is an abomination. Also, he has not apologized for his comment like so many pro athletes and celebrities has done out of fear. Kobe, Kevin Hart, and tons of others are cowards. Broussard represents bravery.
  • Chris Broussard took a stand. He has done so in a godly way. He has not "bashed" and/or called others names such as "cowards" for not being steadfast to their belief nor the lifestyle(gay) some have chosen. I do not, however, think it is appropriate to call others "cowards" for showing love or repenting for their sins. "...Love others as I have loved you" thus saith the Lord, Jesus. I don't recall Jesus turning his back on or calling people names for being outside what is written. The woman at the well--a known *****--was embraced for her being one of God's children in spite of her "lifestyle." Jesus also embraced those inflicted with infirmaries i.e.leprosy. Thus when my brother or sister falls and/or struggles with a sin, I pray for them. To my recollection, I do believe, as a Christians, that's is what we should do as oppose to "stoning" them!!! For it is written, "the one without sin, cast the first stone..." Moreover, if you say you are without sin, then you are calling God a liar! That being said, let's show LOVE to the person not the lifestyle.
  • I wasn't a Chris Broussard fan until he took a stand on homosexuality. I do feel sorry for those who try to say it is not a sin. Bless us all.
NBA News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Tony Stewart to race again on Sunday

Fantasy stars who'll bounce back in 2014

WWE interested in Ronda Rousey?

NFL records that are poised to be broken in 2014

College football's all-name team

USC player calls coach racist, then quits the team

NFL has new policy for domestic violence suspensions

WATCH: Manziel in Snickers ad

Peterson wants to play for Cowboys

See A&M's sick new locker room

New Redskins stadium in the works

Ranking the top 10 NFL running backs

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.