April 30, 2013

THE NEXT SIXERS HEAD COACH: ME!!!

DOES anybody know who the Sixers new coach is?

What's that you say? We don't have one yet?

That's a little odd isn't it? I mean what with the Draft coming up in less than two months on June 27th. Seems like you'd want to get a guy in harness to start laying the groundwork for the rebuild. Especially since Doug Collin's firing/stepping down/desertion was no surprise. 

I mean the handwriting was on the wall for months. 

If nobody is willing to volunteer to be the next Sixers coach, I'm willing to step up and do it.

The fans deserve someone who cares. Really they do. Sixer fans aren't like Eagles fans or Flyers fans or Phillies fans. Sure they come from the same pool of people, but the folks who stick with the Sixers, win or lose (usually lose) are consistently backing their team. The other 3 franchises have fans who complain about wins. Sixer fans most nights just want the players to realize that the game has started. The level of loyalty almost makes you want to whip out an I.Q. test; then you realize that these people aren't stupid. They just remember what it was to root for a good team, and aren't bailing just because times are lean.

We need to reward those people. We need to get a coach who's as fanatically dialed in as they are. We need to get a leader who can communicate his vision and inspire his roster to be more than the mere sum of their parts, as they've been over these last few seasons.

NBA News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The NBA's most overpaid players

MLB players likely to be traded by July 31st

10 best WWE matches of 2014 so far

Breaking down NFL MVP odds

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaches

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.