July 09, 2012

New people, same incompetence for Orlando

Yesterday afternoon, it was reported by various media outlets that Ryan Anderson was going to the New Orleans Hornets via sign-and-trade. Feeling the 4yr $36M (rumored) deal was “too rich for their blood,” the Magic agreed to ship off the 24 year old PF in return for Gustavo Ayon. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. At this point, it almost seems like Orlando is trying some elaborate psychological experiment to see just how tortured and exasperated the fan base can be before they literally besiege the arena with torches and pitchforks. Either that, or God truly hates the city and its people. As Brian Fantana once said, “Ron, I know it sounds harsh, but God does not want her to live.”

2 Comments:
  • this is the first time I have commented about anything.I have been a dolphin & A magic fan, from there beginning, I have seen rebuilding over and over. Smith had a lot of friends. this GM has a big EGO.I have seen almost ever game the magic has played from day 1 until they traded one of the best all round ball players in the game. Yes Harris can make points,but where is his ability to exiqute & ass at the leavel of a PG. I have seen over & over when the coach put renick into the game, the energy leave changed to another leavel. Until the GM decided Renick did not fit into the magic future, there was a possibity he could have been be the 6th man of the year. Over the years the magic have had some of the best players in basketball, but they have not had anyone that has as much basketball smarts since skiles as JJ has . As a fan I am not interested in watching my team holding training camp as the primary gold, rather than wining games. When Renick left, I payed Direct tv in order to watch renick play. I wasn't the only one because of some of the comments from fans, wanting to no why Renick wasn't playing. He didn't do well with the bucks, due to the ball hogs and poor coaching. At the end of the season, when Howard was hurt, this team play very well, the start of this season they played very well. All the Magic needed after the Howard trade was a center, a big man to replace Anderson[mistake]& a good point guard. This management thinks the way to build a team when they put to much money in unproductive players,was trade fan favorites, who were good players, The fans don't matter. I have heard it said,& now I am beginning to believe, the solution is a new owner.
  • Dolphin and Magic fan also. Like so many, I loved watching JJ play and was so upset when he was traded. But,I think the Magic now has a talented GM and I like our Coach and I agree 100% with you-----------we need a new owner. Mark Cuban, do you have a twin brother?

Ranking the best NFL free agents still available

Updated NBA Draft early entries list

Honest NBA playoffs slogans

Gallery: The best of Barbie Blank

Breakout candidates for the NHL playoffs

Draft needs for all 32 NFL teams

Seven kids on every youth sports team

Behind the scenes with Paulina Gretzky

100 best players of the MLB expansion era

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Five-round NFL mock draft

Most sacred places in NFL history

10 greatest sports Bubbas of all-time

Hockey fights of the week

Reasons to stop playing recreational sports immediately

BARKER BEAUTIES
WANT MORE?
FOLLOW YARDBARKER:
Youtube_32 Twitter_32 Facebook_32 Rss_32 Email_32
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.