February 29, 2012

NFL Offseason Preview -- Oakland Raiders

Oakland Raiders 2011 Record:  8-8 PPG For: 22.4 (16th) PPG Against:  27.1 (29th) 2012 Cap Number:  $140,861,316 Draft Position:  In the arms of a cornerback…as in, they traded all their picks for Carson Palmer, who consistently puts his passes in the arms of a cornerback. I’ll give this to the Oakland Raiders; they certainly have demonstrated an unparalleled commitment to consistently being the dumbest franchise in the NFL. How else would you describe a team that, despite finishing just one game out of the playoffs at 8-8, still manages to be a total laughingstock? Believe me, we’ll all be telling the story of the 2011 Raiders to our grandchildren someday: “And then, just when it looked like the Raiders would be successful, the evil Al Davis rose from the grave to trade 27 first round picks for…(cue the evil music) CARSON PALMER!!!”

I’ll tell you what; since the Raiders are so irrelevant and since you and I both care about them so little, why don’t I keep this as brief as possible, OK? Good.

Raiders News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

No evidence of cancer in Jim Kelly

Best gift ever given for a jersey number?

Kent State center dies unexpectedly

Ref avoided doing Redskins games due to team name

Schilling: Tobacco caused mouth cancer

Most indispensables college players

WATCH: Bryan Cox's sex revelation

Ex-NFL LB diagnosed with ALS

Mo'Ne Davis makes cover of SI

Ditka's misguided Redskins remarks

Marbury to star in play about Marbury

Breakout college players for 2014

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.