April 14, 2012

RAIDERS 2012 PRE-DRAFT SHAKEDOWN

QB       After Palmer is Pryor, who has my curiosity. 

RB       Dangerous backfield will only be solid if McFadden can’t stay healthy. 

FB       We are SET here. Hope to see Reece getting some of Bush’s former carries. 

WR      This many inconsistent WR’s points to past coaching as the problem, We'll see.

TE       They seem committed to this type of guy; to the point where they have 4 of him.

OT       Rock Solid (depending on what happens at Center)

OG       Rock Solid (depending on what happens at Center)

C         Solid options include either Veldheer or Wisniewski or Brisiel. 

DE       Lots of potential. Let's let it play out.

DT       All pro type starters, but long in the tooth

OLB    What they have here remains to be seen. There’s experience but no WOW history here.

ILB      One of the best, but he has off the field concerns, bad knees, and no back-up.

CB       Kind of afraid

S         Solid, but I’d like to see them resign Giordano. He may not be much vs the run but when QB's pull the trigger, they need to locate him first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE could use some youth at DT; a second ILB for when they switch fronts and go 3-4; I would also like a TE. We need a Center to replace Samson Satele, but I can't say I like any of the guys who'll still be on the board in round 3 for this power running game/West Coast system. Newly signed Mike Brisiel has also played Center, so there are options. No need to panic.

On the whole it's an okay roster. There's a good QB, a dangerous backfield, and a great O-line. Receiver is the question.

On defense we have a solid line, MLB, and decent Safeties. CB and OLB are anybody's guess, but it could break in our favor just as easily as not. We have proven if unspectacular guys at most of those spots.

Aaron Curry has all the potential in the world, and Shawntae Spencer has been solid enough to stick around this long without a Pro Bowl or two on his resume. That says something to those who are paying attention.

My biggest concern has to do with how fast the coaching staff can get this machine to hum like a modern NFL franchise. Reggie's already taking no prisoners so lets hope the players get the message.

1 Comment:
  • Just Win Baby!
Raiders News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The NBA's most overpaid players

MLB players likely to be traded by July 31st

10 best WWE matches of 2014 so far

Breaking down NFL MVP odds

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaches

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.