November 30, 2011

After Further Review,.......

As I normally do.  I research the bold talk by E-Gals fans during preseason at this point of the regular season.  To my surprise pretty much everything Me and my boy RomoRules predicted about the E-Gals has come true.  When you get past the obvious delusional wishful thinking, the pathological ramblings by over inflated E-Gals fans.  It's very clear these out of touch fans are showing recklessness in blogging  we are so use too by these so-called fans.  

Comments like,..... "the E-Gals are the new America's Team now".  "The E-Gals will dominate the NFC East".  "When the E-Gals play the Cowboys.  The Cowboys will already be out of playoff contention."  Stuff like that makes me wonder.  Who in their right mind would want to come to Philly to coach or play for fans like these?  Fans so seperated from rational thought in thinking it's OK to shrug off mindless talk like this as normal.  The common refrain is,...."We're passionate is why we say and do the things we do".  The way it looks to me going to Philly is a big let down, or you have a crappy career needing a boost(Vick), or you have a clueless agent, (Nnamdi).  

Vick even said, "he didn't want to come to Philly", even with his sordid history.  Now that's cold.

Then again you have the two major moves the Cowboys made.  Jason Garrett as HC, and Rob Ryan at DC.  One I'm not crazy about, and the other I'm ecstatic about.  Jason Garrett's inability to play call efficiently is giving me fits.  Watching how Rob Ryan bring toughness and football savvy to the defense, has instilled hope that at least our defense can hold teams late in games when we need it.  The addition of Dan Bailey has given us four extra wins so far.  The SF game, both WAS games, the MIA game.  He's my MVP at this point.  

My main concern is how ineffective Tony Romo can be with little to no pressure on him, playing lesser teams no doubt.  The play calling of Jason Garrett has always been a big concern of mine.  The guy seems to be missing a aggressive chromosome somewhere.  Even on questionable referee calls he's not taken serious.  I see a totally different mindset on defense and special teams.  The guys fight back never giving an inch.  An aggressive nature sorely need on offense.  I don't like it when guys who are reluctant to fight back when pushed.  Like the games last season with GB and MINN.  Wade wasn't able to match their aggressive intensity.  Jason Garrett is in that same category of non aggressive combatant.   Jason competes, but in a less aggressive fashion than I'm use too.  When he gets more aggressive we'll better off as an offense.

I can at least say we have aggression on the right side of the ball.  Concluding we are halfway there.  Somewhere down the road Jason Garrett will be bested by a coach who recognizes his glaring overly pass happy attitudinal weakness.  In battle you have to ratchet up whatever mental weapon you need for the occasion.   Be it aggression, strategy, ruthlessness, or whatever it takes to win.

We are not where we want to be, but thank God we are not where we use to be, and that's an eternity from last season at this time.  "Let's Go Cowboys!"

7 Comments:
  • Yeeeaaah,........ So far so good. We can do better.
  • #8 is a big problem right now.
  • Like I said,.......#8 continues to be a problem.
  • yeah i remember the eagle fans acting like the cowboys were going to just repeat last year because we had no cap room....the eagles had a whole sh!t load of cap space and look at them lol
  • Which surprised the hell outta me, because I never thought they would give Vick all that money with all those FA's they brought on board.

They basically squandered all that talent with the DC move and not seriously addressing the O-line issue. Eagles have some holes to fill and it wont be overnight.

I always said without their big play capability they were toast. When I saw DeSean, mad as all get out. I knew they would have major issues with their big time plays, because he opens it up for the rest to do the damn thang.
  • We get Miles back:

Cowboys News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The NBA's most overpaid players

MLB players likely to be traded by July 31st

10 best WWE matches of 2014 so far

Breaking down NFL MVP odds

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaches

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.