December 30, 2013

Congratulations Are In Order.

Well here we are again ladies and gentlemen.  Our beloved America's Team laying another egg, for the trifecta.  As per, and in addition to the last two years.  I'm in the unenviable position of extending congratulations to another NFC East Division winner.  

Pure and simple.  Too many turnovers.  I could comment on the game plan, but unfortunately.  It's a team game and we go down as a team.  I feel there were some things we could have done different.  At the present time.  I would rather take my hat off to the Philadelphia Eagles.  Taking aside the fact.  That the Cowboys will have to once again.  Pick up the pieces leftover from the '13 season.

The Eagle proved on the field of play.  They were the better team.  Sliding into the post season with a respectable 10-6 record hosting NO next week.  Eagles running game kept the Cowboys defense off balanced for the majority of the game.  In fact both defenses stepped it up a couple of notches.  Leading Eagles to winning the TO battle.  Responsible in large part, for 10 points of the 24.  All in all I enjoyed the game, and by no means am I complacent with this loss.  Fact of the matter.  It's over.  We have to make do, mend, and heal up.

It would be easy to make demands of Jerral as a fan.  Wanting the Cowboys to desperately get better.  For all intents and purposes.  The NFC East is better than the Dallas Cowboys.  It's official.  Again, I extend congratulations to the Philadelphia Eagles for winning the NFC East Division.

12 Comments:
  • I was an outstanding football game. Both teams put it all out there. The Cowboys defense did everything they could to try and get this win. The Eagles played a little sloppy in my opinion. Lots of bad penalties, but they persevered through them. I kind of felt Garrett got away from the run game too quickly. Kelly did for a while, but he eventually went back to McCoy. In the end I didn't feel the Eagles played their best game, but they did enough to win. Hats off to you Robbo for not making a big deal about that really poor delay of game call. I mean it was terrible, but that wasn't the reason for the loss.
  • You got to keep in mind Easy. I'm mostly incredulous to the fact the Cowboys coaching staff got out coached by a first year BCS coaching staff. Led by a second year backup. On top of Jason Garrett throwing DeMarco under the bus. While his vaunted pass heavy offense summarily handing the game over to Chip and the Eagles. The game looked eerily Romo-esque. Post patterns to Witten, slants to Dez, with dinks and dunks to Demarco. A recipe for a repeat Sunday Night, losing performance every time. Just not by the 2008 standard this time.

I knew if they didn't get Miles involved early on, it would likely be not good. When you have your backup throwing the ball 46 times, and your experienced RB is reduced to being a release valve. Tells you what you're dealing with.

Besides the Cowboys are in character losing in prime time on Sunday night. That penalty had little to do with anything. Except to put just that much more pressure on a desperate backup QB. Thanks to a coach willing to sacrifice his players for the sake of furthering his underachieving career. Not having a viable game plan has a tendency to do that. Looking to blame instead of motivate.

Eagles are on a positive trajectory. You have a young, healthy, team. Joined together in unison. On the same page adjusting to what's thrown at you. All you can ask.
  • I'm still trying to figure out Sleazybeagles comment above Robbo. I was an outstanding football game. Lol. Huh? Saints in a blowout. The curse continues for Choke Kelly and the Turds.
  • Great post, Robbo. Have to respect a fan from any team who can post honestly and with integrity! Lots of respect to the Dallas Cowboys for last nights game. They absolutely came to play and kept the Eagles on their heels most of the night. If it wasn't for Brandon Boykin's late heroics I'm convinced the heartbreak would have been here in Philadelphia.
  • Preciate cha GD,...... in my most humblest of opinions. Brandon Boykin is the MVP of the game. He absolutely smothered Dez. Another unexpected feather in the Eagles Nest. Didn't see that coming at all. I really do appreciate the kind words Bro.

Almost takes away from this utter feeling of being stuck with Jerral for another 15 long miserable years. As I said and say every year before the season. "I'm ready for some football!" Hey,....... if Chip is the next best thing to Chuck Noll. Then so be it. Just goes to show. Who really want's to win in this division.

The NFC East is fat and slouchy. All but Philly. You guys are looking lean and mean. To be honest I like the way Chip has handled himself. He never let his team get rattled and hung in there and fought with what he had. I tell you GD. After the Giants game I really thought you guys were toast. Man, was I wrong.

This is definitely a new Eagles team, with the addition of Jeff Stoutland. Went a long ways in turning the Eagles Offensive line around. They haven't been this good in a very long time. Take care GD, and much luck with your new found Eagles team,..........dagnabitt!
  • The Cowboys front seven kept them in the game last night. They kept Stoutland's boys from helping the Eagles pull away like they did last Sunday night by keeping McCoy in check on many of his runs and getting very nice pressure on Foles at times. They played with an attitude as did Murray. Hated his hit on Square from an Eagle fan standpoint but loved it as a football fan. I'd like to tell you to keep your chin up and maybe Jones will realize that he is the main problem with the Cowboys the last two decades but I just don't see that happening. He thinks his way is the right way according to an interview he had on his radio show weeks ago. Is there any way his extended Cowboy "family" can have him declared insane?
  • My goodness Murray was a beast! It seemed like all game guys went backwards after hitting him. More like him hitting them! He was like a truck! I didn't think he had that in him. For the life of me I don't know why they stopped running the ball. If it wasn't for Kelly getting back to the run we might have lost.
  • Wow you know your stuff Robbo. To mention Jeff Stoutland. I'm glad you're here dude. You keep it real as a fan. I can communicate with a guy like that. There have been guys on both sides of this back and forth who haven't been willing to man up and admit they were wrong. You have and hats off to you for it.
  • It's really not that hard for me to realize what a huge asset Jeff Stoutland is, being a long time Bama fan. I knew how productive this Eagles line would eventually be. I just didn't think they would gel so quick. These guys are monsters already. Exactly what happened to the Cowboys. Eagles did what they do best. Run the ball.

Chip is so far so good. Another thing about Jeff Stoutland. He's coming from a system that produced a Heisman Trophy winner in Mark Ingram. Followed by top picks Eddie Lacy and Trent Richardson. Then to top it off he leaves Bama with TJ Yellon tearing up the gridiron. That's pretty damn good if you ask me. Then you match the guy up with Shady? Damn, damn, damn!

Looking forward to the NO game. That'll be a excellent football game Bro. Can't wait to see Jeff Stoutland match wits with Bret Ingalls. The #2 NO passing offense against the #1 PHI running offense. Should be a good game. If not the game of the week.
  • Choke Kelly is no Andy Reid. Saints big.
  • A strong running game in bad weather favors the Eagles. At #1 in the NFL is looking pretty good for the Eagles. Just the same. NO is #2 in the NFL at passing. The weekend isn't here yet, but on a reasonable chilly day. The best prediction I'll muster up is,........"It'll be a good game". That's it. May the best team win. I'm not a big fan of NO at all, but I respect both.
  • Hey RR you just keep on tossing out predictions. We'll ride your screw ups all the way to North Jersey. For the record Midgetsrepeat there is only one team that actually plays in New York.
Cowboys News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Breaking down the NL MVP race

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.