December 16, 2013

I Miss Basics. Like,.......... Don't Lose To Backup's.

Maybe that's the problem.  We actually have to go in and remind Cowboys coaches of this simple fact.  Now, here it is, two successive weeks, and the same thing.  A backup just throttle's the Cowboys.  There can be no hiding the fact that the Cowboys are going down with momentum in this race to the bottom.  

While I'm at it, I may as well, just remind them they have to run the ball when you have the lead and time running out.  May I further remind Cowboys coaches you don't spend your time outs when a backup has the ball trailing and with time running out in the forth quarter.  Simple stuff like that, you would think a seasoned NFL Head Coach would know.  Speaking of basics.  We have a long way to go.

I'm not going to leave out old Jerral.  His PR machine is already at work talking about Dez's early exit.  Well, all I can say is you'd be upset as well.  When your $100 million QB squanders opportunity, after opportunity, after opportunity,...... for no good reason.  

You get tired of the same old lame excuses every single week.  The guy is obviously interested in Jason Witten and Cole Beasley. Trying to prop up his stats with dinks and dunks.  What's worse is the defense knows.  Just like we know.  The obvious fact is Tony Romo doesn't want to throw the ball to Dez, Miles, nor Terrence.  He is intentionally lofting balls at Dez.  Intentionally throwing behind Miles, and leading Terrence into defenders.  But not Jason Witten. 

And another thing, you check out of a effective running game to throw to Cole Beasley, and have it intercepted?  Dude, c'mon!  Our leading scorer is our kicker.  Basics, oh how I miss them.

11 Comments:
  • LOL I know the feeling. We lost to a slew of backups.
  • I don't put up with second place, Easy. Never have. Just because Jerral is an idiot, doesn't mean that translates to Cowboys fans before Jerral bought the team. At least you guys have a Owner who's trying to be a winner. Our Owner isn't trying, and he wants us not to try. He wants us to revile him as a person worthy of respect, and adoration. Well,.......... that ain't never happening. Neither, settling for second place. I'm also an NFC East fan. If we get a representative in the big dance. I'm pulling for them. Good luck.
  • Thanks bro, but this race isn't over. It seems like neither of these teams want to win it. They just keep going back and forth giving the other chances to get back into it. They seem to both lack the killer instinct. Maybe Jerry Jones already feels like since he won one with Switzer he proved Jimmy wrong, but you would think his ego wouldn't stand for this kind of display from his team. It's kind of crazy, because you're team has talent. I'm just not sure if they have the right guy on the sidelines to harness that talent. Thanks to Jerry's meddling I'm not sure if they will ever get that right guy for the sidelines, but he has before. Had he stuck with Parcells and let him finish building the Cowboys correctly that team would likely have had three more bowls.
  • That's the pattern Easy. Jerral get's desperate, finally breaks down and get some real football people in the Organization. Before you can say narcissist. That pathological ego problem take's over.

You're on the money about the early days of Jerral's PR machine trying to spin the credit for Jimmy's Super Bowl XXX winning team. It was as lame then. As it is now.

This happens every four or five years. Where the East becomes stagnant as a division. Wholesale changes are in order. Right now the NFL has passed the East. It happens. Unless the coach does what Chip did, bring in his own assistants. Stick to his system and keep moving forward. Good things will happen. I can see it. Coaches like Chip will not stand pat and let Rodger Goodell run rough shod over them. The Eagles future looks bright whatever happens. Time will tell what's in store for the rest of the East. It's looking real bad now. It'll all work out.
  • Until the Giants get younger they won't be getting any better. They had a great run, but their door is all but shut now. The Skins are a mess. If RGME, can find a way to turn it around then maybe they get back into things, but I don't trust him or that organization to do the right thing. I think the Cowboys are at a crossroads. Do they bring in a coach who can seize control of the roster and Tony Romo. Funny thing about Romo is I think Bill was right. He wasn't ready and he was a little too undisciplined. Parcells wanted to coach him up, but Jerry wanted him out there a little too soon. Most of his issues are all upstairs. If the Cowboys can get a GM and coach combo that is worth a darn they will be tough to beat. The Eagles are a team fortunate to be in a weak division with a last place schedule. I think they are a year too early right now. There are still many holes that needs to be filled, and with Chip he's going to make some decisions that will have everyone scratching their heads. I wonder if the team will be able to handle all the distractions. Every seasons he's going to be on every college programs short list of coaches. I wonder if he can deal with adversity and the Philly media machine. So far the honeymoon is nice, but I could see this thing going either way. Long gone are the days when the Super Bowl champ was almost certain to come out of the NFC East.
  • Unless anything having to do with the NFC East. Makes drastic changes in philosophy and front office personnel. The same results will manifest itself. Many years of futility to come. It's affirmed,..... no team will have a winning season ran from the Owners Box. Without top notch NFL caliber executives, coaches, and players. The Division is doomed to failure.

When you look at it Easy. We all have the talent to win. It's the front offices, that's the problem. Then on down to the coaches. For the most part in the NFC East are handpicked favorites at the coaching level.

Once upon a time the East was known for it's fierce Defense. Now the emphasis is on bolstering up the Offense. Led by Jerral on the NFL's competition committee. You see what's that's done. On down to reducing teams to 53 man rosters. On to collective bargaining, and the concussion litigation.

The NFL has been reduced to a micromanaged dog and pony show. The fans being force fed a bunch of media marketing only designed to separate you from your hard earned cash. Leaving the players hugely frustrated, and the fans disappointed.
  • The honeymoon is nice so far. That loss to the Vikings was the worse loss in five years for the Turds. You were just saying how they were going 11-5. The Turds were pathetic. Choke Kelly is already being pushed around by ownership and he's losing the battle. The Egrets should get in but one and done for Choke Kelly and Nick Fools.
  • 5 days ago a so called Cryboys fan conceded the division. You're a bigger fraud of a fan than Midgetsrepeat.
  • Let's Backup A Minute. . No Romo means no pressure moment int's. Dez getting at least 12 targets.. Murray at least 25 carries.. No throwing 5 yrds out patterns to Witten when it's 3rd and long. .A QB managing the game instead of trying to prove he's worth 100 mil. .More importantly a blowout loss to the Eagles could mean the end of the Jason Garrett era
  • Sucker are you really implying you want your team to lose? But all I keep reading is how great a coach Garrett is! With that being the case the GM ain't leaving and he's your biggest problem. Happy Holidays fellows.
Cowboys News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Welker suspended four games

Best, worst MLB players of August

Cowboys looking to add Michael Sam

Irsay suspended six games, fined $500K

NFL player's odd reason for face tattoo

Tebow drafted over Henne in fantasy

Texans, J.J. Watt agree on extension

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.