June 09, 2012

Re: Former Cowboys coach Avezzano dead at 68

http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/51/discussion/former_cowboys_coach_avezzano_dead_at_68/10491559

I only ask that coach Joe Avezzano, get the same level of respect in his internment, as coach Jim Johnson got is his.  Coach Joe Avezzano was and still is a beloved member of the Cowboys Organization, fans, and surrounding community. 

25 Comments:
  • Condolences to Coach Avezzano's family, to the Cowboy organization and to all the fans who still feel his loss.
  • I AGREE, he died in april,but I do agree
    I recall coach Avezzano when was head coach at Oregon State only problem he wasnt very successful as a head coach maybe an assistant coach but not a head coach his record at OSU was 6-47-2 could have been the result he couldnt sign the best athletes ?? but with Dallas no one can argue unless your a complete idiot??? that he was an outstanding coach!!! and your reading this from a University Of Oregon fan . good thoughts Robbo24
  • you may dislike an athlete or coach??? in their profession as a coach on the sidelines or the athlete playing but we tend to forget as idiots they are still humans and what about if the athlete or lets say??? coach becomes apart of your team??? Ive seen that! I AM NOT! A Kobe Bryant or Lebron James fan, BUT i would not like to see them get hurt! I didnt root for as we at Oregon called him Mr Avezzano...but im sad to read of his death. all my best who knew him hsi family freinds and to the Dallas RIP
  • @ Kellyscott, and Greentildeath,....... I can only hope that the immediate family thank you both for the kind words for coach Joe. Despite how we feel as fans. There are some things that transcend detractable oneupsmanship. This is one of them. Preciate you guys for respecting the memory for in my words "The Irrepressible" coach Joe,...... again guys, thanks.
  • hey you bet no problem.....
    I am a respectful person not some loudmouthed jerk we see now in this generation????no sportsmanship?? yes id even go so far as to add free agency whers its screw the fans we are a bizz...look at the young fan??? someone buys him the jersey of his favorite player and who knows even before season is over??? that fav player could be playing for the arch rival???
    Didnt matter if Joe Avezzano coached at Oregon State he was a human being who sadly died and thank god didnt die in some drunken driving wreck and took some one with him?? as most do ???
    RIP coach
  • we tend to forget and yes in some ways it is a profession a Job, BUT ITS STILL A GAME!!!!!
  • Much respect to Joe and his family. Again I would have loved to have seen him coach my team as we took more beatings than gave during that time period. Apparently he also coached for the Raiders and that's why Birdflipper gave him a shout out since he's a Raiders fan. By the way Robbo nice job in redoing this post. Maybe this time it can be kept clean.
  • Thank you Sir.
  • Speaking personally. I'm very appreciative for all the kind words one and all,....
  • Im sure everyone knows about sports duh??? the competition gets sometimes out of hand mainly in college i do recall many heated games Oregon/ Oregon state when he coached i as i said am an oregon fan so of course rooted against coach A...but remember this is sports a GAME and GOOD LUCK COWBOYS
  • Likewise to Oregon,......
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

show comment

• hey Ive been overrun by these numnuts known as stalkers or as I call em jerks.....your right romorules and thanks for the caution

show comment

• my suggestion??? is IGNORE them if you respond??? they won
  • these will try anything to get your goat???? lure you into their net someway but by ignoring them they have nothing....

show comment

• Impossible NOT to respect his body of work. Anybody who says you can, doesn't know the first thing about football.

show comment

• Robbo out of respect for Joe the coach and you as a legitimate cowboys fan I will take the high road here and not acknowledge your friend. Again thank you for trying to give the man some respect. We may not always agree, but this as a class act by you.

show comment

Cowboys News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

The best GMs in the NFL today

Best 40 and under college football coaoches

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

Most underpaid players in the NBA

Trade needs for each MLB contender

Who is the #1 fantasy football pick?

Most exciting walkoffs of the week

Way-too-early 2014 bowl projections

NBA free agency and trade tracker

The longest homers of the week

25 greatest moments from 'Saturday Night's Main Event'

Most egregious MLB All-Star snubs

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.