January 09, 2013

Thanks,.........Rob Ryan,

Ryan "I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better. I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes.

-- Rob Ryan"

That says it all for me.  Even at 19th, is better than 31st.  Just by looking at what happened to Wade Phillips.  I expect Rob Ryan to land on his feet.  Before that happens.  Let me take this opportunity to express my many thanks to a job well done.  Though still in the process.  Yet, headed in the right direction.  

I for one appreciated the toughness Rob brought to the team.  His motivating demeanor, and most of all his football acumen.  Skills sorely needed at the time.  I might add still in need on the other side of the ball.  Thanks Rob, as a fan who appreciated your wit and professionalism dealing with our "OWNER".  

Trust me,.... we understand, and don't want to miss this opportunity to say thanks.  Despite it all.  Thanks coach,...... I expect to see good things ahead for you, and your career in the future.  All the best,...... take care,....... and thanks again, for all the hard work.

13 Comments:
  • At least he's much less of an asshole than his brpther rex.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• Even the thought of being an eagles fan makes my skin crawl. Happy New Year buddy.

show comment

• When is this crap is going to end. Jerry is trying to stir up controversy to appear he's making an honest effort. Anybody with half a brain know's. Jason Garrett is headed for the same fate. And soon,.... Monte Kiffin?,......DAMN, DAMN, DAMN,........

show comment

• The 3-4 helped our defense, because of poor LB'ing. Old Tuna came in and mixed things up with the 3-4 mixing coverages making it hard for opposing OC's to figure out. The problem with Dallas Defense was no push up the middle as in earlier times. The front seven was the bread and butter of the defense. Now it's the ends and NT. The problem is GM bringing in the right pieces for the right package on Defense.

The 4-3, or the 3-4, or a combination of both will work. Only if we have a GM willing to bring in the right players. Stop pretending he's up to the task. That goes for all the other weak links on this team. GM fantasies over a 18 year period.

What we're suffering right now on America's Team. A subversive insurgent GM. Hell bent on living in a delude world of failed suppositions, and continuous underachieving yesterday's. Dadblamitt,...........

show comment

• i like the move...oh and we just added marinelli

show comment

• welcome to the soap opera I call the NFL
  • Admittedly Ryan's mouth was more trouble than he was worth, but he did make that Cowboys defense better. I was shocked at the move and the Cowboys are taking a risk going with Kiffin. Didn't he get fired by his own son?
Cowboys News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

One question for every NFL team heading into camp

10 best play calls from the 2013 college football season

Most controversial NFL suspensions

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Gallery: Instagrams of the week

Most underpaid players in the NFL

MLB managers on the hot seat

25 most memorable plays in NFL history

10 NHL players looking to bounce back in 2014-15

Most confrontational sports interviews

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

The biggest busts in WWE history

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.