October 23, 2012

2010 offensive line vs 2011-2012 This will crack you up LMAO!

Mike Mcglynn> Jason Kelce,Kelce when playing just got pushed into Vick all the time.

Max Jean Gilles > Danny Watkins

Winston Justice > @RT than Herremans

Herremans> @LG than  Evan Mathis

Dunlap>Bell

Mudd completely destroyed this offensive line. Yet Juan loses his job and Mudd get no backlash.

23 Comments:
  • Of course. That would happen to the Eagles. Let Winston Justice go and he looks great in Indy.
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

• You cant keep letting go of your veterans and expect to replace them with draft picks and castoffs. This is the result.
  • the bad drafts & FA(other than Peters) have left us with marginal talent on the OL

show comment

• Kelce >>> McGlynn
    Watkins > MJG
    Herremans >>> Justice
    Dunlap > Bell (i agree with that one)
    Herremans > Mathis (ill give you that one as well)

Our line this year was actually very solid. The problem was that Peters and Kelce, probably our two most valuable o-lineman, got hurt. Kelce was crucial because he was the one calling the line protections. Peters was arguably the best o-lineman in the NFL last year, and was easily our most valuable offensive player.

Don't blame Mudd, blame injuries.
  • get over it willard every team deals with injuries. Our depth stinks and we dont have any home grown veteran talent other Herreman.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Peters and Kelce were huge losses...any team would have problems trying to adjust. Just like some shouldn't ignore Vick's troubles it isn't fair to just ignore the fact that 2/5ths of the Eagles starting line is out for the year.
  • I'm not laughing. Where is Peters on your list here? Peters came to the Eagles in 2009 and started 13 games in 2010...he would make your list much more impressive by himself. Max Jean Gilles signed with two different teams since leaving the Eagles and didn't make either roster (and he sucked when he was here) so what is your point about him? Dunlap still gets buried here and so did Justice. Four sacks against Umenyiora in his first start and the fans were unforgiving. Were you one of them? He seemed to develop into a decent RT even though he was deemed soft and honestly I was surprised the Eagles didn't keep him around because of their lack of depth at tackle...and now he is playing lights out for the Colts. Who would have thought it?...he and McGlynn starting and playing very well for the Colts...probably none of us! It is frustrating that lately the Eagles seem to be struggling at evaluating talent but it wasn't like McGlynn or Justice wowed anyone long enough to know we lost good talent the days they were let go. I don't remember too many people being that upset over either moves. We questioned how much value Justice brought...none basically but many loved Herremans moving to RT and were fine with Mathis at left guard.

Why didn't you just get to your main point of this forum? You feel the line problems are the main reason Vick is struggling and wanted to let us see the difference in the O-line between his great start in 2010 to now. The line struggles are part of it but MIKE VICK himself is the main reason he has struggled since the end of 2010. Vick's numbers started getting pedestrian towards the end of that year you seem to feel he had a much better line (and of course it was better but what teams line wouldn't struggle when losing 2 key starters?) and were horrible last year and not that great this year...but the turnovers are killing him and the team and his decision making is also extremely questionable. Vick will be gone along with Reid at the end of the year...get used to the idea.

show comment

• Jean Gilles had at least 4 years to show what he could do here and he didn't do much. I get that Watkins (who will be 28 this year by the way) has been a disappointment so far but he was either the 1st or 2nd rated guard in most mock drafts and draft guides in the 2011 draft. The Eagles definitely reached by taking him in the 1st round (hell, they reached on all their picks in 2011) but just about every analyst I listened to and read thought the Eagles made a nice, needed pick when they drafted him...the only question I kept seeing is the same one we all had...his age. Honestly, I don't see what you like in Reynolds. Most of the pressure the Eagles have been giving up is right up the gut and he had 3 bad snaps in one game with at least one of them being a turnover. I doubt Kelce has anything to worry about when it comes to him.
  • I get that and blamed Vick originally until listening to WIP and I think it may have been Klecko who said Reynolds takes part of the blame. Vick has been in the shotgun numerous times...how often do you remember one snap bouncing off his facemask in one game let alone two? You keep blaming Watkins for the pressure and I have heard people saying Watkins hasn't been that bad (I also hear them saying he has been horrible). I honestly have seen both he and Reynolds getting beat at times and play so-so at times. One thing I do know is that Watkins and Mathis played much better when Kelce was between them so that can't be a boost for Reynolds.
  • So...everyone jumped on the Kelce bandwagon because one man named him one of the best centers in the league even though he sucked? Pretty influential man! By the way, an artical in my local newspaper was discussing comments from Morninweg about Reynolds and how he has been working on snapping the ball so he can get down his timing so he doesn't bounce anymore offf Vick's facemask. What I got from the article is pretty much Morninweg blaming Reynolds for those bad snaps.

Update: October 27, 2012
    *article. Where the hell was my brain?
  • “The bye week gives you some time to spend on some of the fine details,’’ Mornhinweg said. “Most of the focus was on the turnover ratio.’’

The fine details included everything down to snapping the football. There have been some sloppy exchanges (the ball floating past Vick’s helmet in the Detroit game comes to mind) and that was gone over during the break.

Center Dallas Reynolds, inserted after Jason Kelce went down, apparently has his signals straight now.

“We looked at all that,’’ Mornhinweg said. “We talked about a little concern with the center-quarterback exchanges and so forth when he immediately went in. He was pretty clean and then he had some problems last week (vs. the Lions).

“We have certainly tried to clean that up as well. Dallas has done a very good job with the calls. . . . with the exception of everything that happened last week. It cost us.’’

Just a little bit of the article I was typing about that pertained to the Reynold's/Vick botched snaps. Like I typed I originally blamed Vick also but one of the hosts on 610 disagreed and so does his coach who really should know who was at fault here. Could he be protecting the man so many are so frustrated with right now?...could be but he could have ignored the subject totally...would have been the better thing to do than point the finger at the wrong player.
  • One thing I will admit when discussing the offensive line is that I find it odd that all of a sudden Watkins is out with an ankle problem that no one knew anything about until a couple days ago. If this is more of a benching than an injury this would be the perfect time for Mornhinweg and Reid to let the players know that if they aren't getting it done there will be action. I would guess that it is an actual injury because the Eagles have benched players before when they have struggled but you never truly know.
  • He was a low pay draft. They wanted someoe that would play i full contract term and tehn its bye bye. Its a salary reducer.
  • but you aint laughin when they lose????
  • Nothing about this team I find funny, cheery, or makes me laugh right now.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Cowboys looking to add Michael Sam

Irsay suspended six games, fined $500K

NFL player's odd reason for face tattoo

Tebow drafted over Henne in fantasy

Texans, J.J. Watt agree on extension

WATCH: Pacquiao's tribute to NFL

Raiders name Derek Carr starter

Four Phillies no-hit the Braves

CFL team has reached out to Sam

Switch pitcher could see action in MLB

Power ranking every NFL stadium

Astros fire manager Bo Porter

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.