March 12, 2013

45 million under the cap. Keeping company with the bottom feeders?

I dont know about the rest of you but Im a little concerned that filling the holes they are making is just too much to overcome in FA.  I mean they started with a bunch of weaknesses and now are compounding it.  Like I said you may not like the stars we had but they were out of a bad bunch our better players at their position.  DRC, Nhamdi, Jenkins and Patterson are better than anyone on our roster exception maybe Cox.  So we are now a significantly weaker team and if anyone here thinks a draft will solve this  I say PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.  Id if we get two starters in the draft that would be moderately successful more would be great but you have to think 3 possible starters  at most.   The bottom line is we will lack quality depth no matter what they do now. 

12 Comments:
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Well so far Goldston is the only secondary player who has any FA news on him. I still think the Eagles are going after Milliner in the draft so there's one starting CB the other should come from FA and there hasn't been any news on any big CB signings... give it time FA has only been going for about an hour.
  • Thats the team? Thats funny!
  • No that's two moves... obviously the team needs more then that. Possible safety in the 2nd round. pick up another FA safety. grab one or two FA o linemen plus draft a couple late. This is a rebuilding year for this team which a lot of people dont understand
  • Ya think? The NFL isnt about rebuilding its about competing and that starts with money. Like it or not quality players and money go hand in hand. Sometimes it doesnt but the vast majority of great players make great money. So, the Eagles can sell the rebuild bit like they normally do. They always come in undermanned but blowing hot air. Its always a player away. Thats the NFL. The Eagles had enough to build from but have put themselves at a strong disadvantage. That can change but I dont see anything that makes me think the Eagles are spending. Could be wrong but no names other than a damaged Revis are surfacing. They need a minimum of six players from FA to even remotely compete.
  • Or they are smart with their money get a two or three quality guys this year, draft well, and do the same next year. Good teams are mostly built through the draft. Throwing a ton of money at players doesn't make a good team. And who's to say anyone is even interested in playing for the Eagles. Right now the Eagles could be getting laughed at by everyone they call. There's no indication that the Eagles aren't reaching out to quality players... just let FA play out for a bit there are still big names and quality guys available.
  • The Eagles can spend every cent of that money and still play with the bottom feeders. Didn't the Dream Team teach you anything?
  • Look further back than that. How have all those shopping sprees for the Redskins worked out?
  • I agree, but I wanted to keep it simple and recent for Hollywood.
  • Spending wisely starts with spending. Not spending will get you nothing. So there is a balance and SO FAR the Eagles are coming up way short. The defense as it stands is a bum group period. I dont care what they draft if they dont get help mark my words this will be the worst defense in the league and maybe in Eagle history.
  • [not displayed: comment from locked account]
  • Welcome Chung and Phillips. LMFAO
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Breaking down the NL MVP race

10 young NFL stars having Hall of Fame careers already

MLB trade deadline tracker and analysis

Best, worst in-season trades for each team

Best and worst of Monday Night Raw

10 players who will make their first Pro Bowl in 2014

Gallery: The best of July

Most pathetic NFL teams of modern era

NFL players already out for the season

Worst players to get HoF votes since 2004

Gallery: The best of Anastasia Ashley

College football's celebrity fans

BARKER BEAUTIES
Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.