June 11, 2013

6/11/13: EAGLES UPDATE

CONNOR Barwin gave an extremely candid and revealing 9 minute interview today.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/multimedia/videos/Barwin-Making-Huge-Strides-Under-Davis/ca79fe07-f4fb-4c66-89d6-c95c07d76acc

In the interview he mentions that in the few weeks of OTA's he's already figured out the way to stop Chip Kelly's Offense; that the Defense still lacks an identity, and the Offense has only had what he called "a few successes" against the Defense. 

That would be encouraging news if he'd not said earlier that the Defense lacked an identity and that they weren't allowed to be physical yet. How does a Defense stop anybody without being physical?? 

9 Comments:
  • Is NO ONE interested in hearing it STRAIGHT FROM A PLAYERS MOUTH?
  • I'm interested but you take being concerned over these things to a whole new level. Barwin has faced the same looks over and over...it won't be the same when going live and I'm sure Kelly will work to keep OPPOSING defenses honest. I'm sure every team's defense shines at times when going against their own offense day after day.

I'm also concerned that Kelly' system may be a gimmick and could flame out quickly but I won't pretend to know that before I actually see it happen. I'm going to root on the Eagles no matter what and I certainly couldn't seriously do it the way you're backing the Eagles right now.
  • I watched the vid. Sorry, but this is a poor attempt at trying to make a big deal out of nothing.
  • Who's making a big deal? I just wrote what Barwin said.
  • Again I watched the vid. You certainly aren't telling us everything he said or the context in which he said it.
  • Does that surprise you? How many times has that happened in the past few months? Last night flip typed "another arrest this year" when bringing up Peters...it in fact the first Eagle arrest under Kelly. He also hinted that Jackson was angling for a trade a few days ago which is not even close to being true. He's not trying to make it seem worse at all. LOL.
  • EZ: What of import did I leave out?
  • Next time quote it verbatim or just post the vid. Like I wrote earlier I watched it and I'm not panicked about it at all. You have tried to make a big deal out of this just like you tried to make a big deal out of that less that two minute video of Kelly discussing Mike Vick.
  • Again, what CONTEXT did I leave out?
Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

Adrian Peterson out indefinitely

Tony Stewart case goes to grand jury

WATCH: Barkley bounces first pitch

Brandon Marshall calls out ESPN

Starks confirms hip-hop urban legend

Castillo 'likely' to debut Wednesday

Nike pulls Peterson merchandise

Stanton posts pic of horrific injury

WATCH: Kemp, Puig argue in dugout

Minnesota governor: Suspend Peterson

Tim Duncan to appear in ‘Punisher’ comic

10 takeaways from NFL Week 2

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.