November 23, 2013

6 - 5 IS HARDLY A MORTAL LOCK FOR THE POSTSEASON.

6-5 hardly guarantees a playoff berth and in fact with so few spots available amid so much competition, it's unlikely that there will be no spots left. So I'm trying the best I can to salvage something from this season. 

Granted, a win this week would dramatically improve our chances of getting in, but we'd still need some help. With Nick Foles being out this week I find my self (on this team) relying on Mike Glennon this week. Normally I'd just insert Phillip Rivers, but this week his dance card has the Chiefs defense on it. I want no part of that. Especially since the Bolts have no truly dynamic skill players on their roster with which they could counter.

On my other team (8-3) I was going to go with Bears QB Josh McCown to complement fellow Bears Matt Forte and Alshon Jeffery, (and also double up on any TD's either caught). The problem with that is that would give me 3 offensive players on one team, leaving me heavily leveraged on the actual result of the Bears game. In fantasy you normally don't care about a W/L result, but when you're that heavily reliant on one team, you do.

And so (speaking of reliant), what I did was deep six McCown and grab Texan's QB Case Keenum in his place. Funny thing is I have 3 Texans now (Keenum, Ben Tate and the Texans DST). But this is a little different because 1) one of the 3 is a DST, so I don't need a shootout or a Bears blowout for this to work out, and 2) the Jags are the team they're facing.

If I can get 250 2 TD's  and a pick from Keenum (20points); 120 combined yards from Tate (12 points); and my DST can finish at 13pts allowed, 2 sacks and a pick (8 points), I'll have netted 40 points from that trio. I couldn't complain about that. Win or lose, this team is already 8-3 and while I wouldn't get a bye, my spot is all but a MORTAL LOCK. 

1 Comment:
  • comment below viewing threshold

show comment

Eagles News
Delivered to your inbox
You'll also receive Yardbarker's daily Top 10, featuring the best sports stories from around the web. Customize your newsletter to get articles on your favorite sports and teams. And the best part? It's free!

See A&M's sick new locker room

New Redskins stadium in the works

Ranking the top 10 NFL running backs

Josh Shaw admits faking rescue story

Writers talk KD's big sponsor choice

Boxer in custody after shooting cousin

Gordon a contender for AL MVP?

Second-year NFL breakout players

Boris Becker's gross case of tennis elbow

ESPN 'regrets' Sam showering report

'Madden 15' has hilarious glitches

Gordon's suspension upheld by NFL

Today's Best Stuff
For Bloggers

Join the Yardbarker Network for more promotion, traffic, and money.

Company Info
Help
What is Yardbarker?

Yardbarker is the largest network of sports blogs and pro athlete blogs on the web. This site is the hub of the Yardbarker Network, where our editors and algorithms curate the best sports content from our network and beyond.